Q27 with twin Evinrude 300s

Tin Diesel

Reaction score
This is a link to a YouTube video about the Q27 with twin 300's.

(if the link doesn't work, just search for Bennington Q27 on YouTube)

I did a screen print of the GPH.
At top speed of 58 mph, she 'sips' 46.3 gallons per hour!
I guess if you can't afford the gas, don't buy the boat!!!!

Q27.JPG

Last edited:
Wow....expensive fun. Ironically, I just filled up yesterday my 2013 22SLX tritoon with Yamaha F115-LA after 2 days of 8-15 mph easy cruising on our Willamette River that flows through the center of Portland, Oregon. 6-7 hours total and no aggressive power runs as we had 2 small grandkids and 4 of us "plus size" adults and 3/4 tank and bimini up.......it only took 7.5 gallons to fill up!!!! (Clicked nozzle twice to make sure) I cannot believe how frugal this fuel injected engine is. It still does ok if you run it hard pulling toys or wakeboarder, would love more power, butttttt.....no way could you get that kind of economy with a 200hp engine. The 115 is max rated on factory label with 11 max occupants.

To each, his own but not for me. And anyway, here in Michigan we have a 50 MPH speed limit on inland lakes.

I choke every time I fill up my 56 gallon tank even when only half empty. I cannot imagine running two 300 hp engines.

Most down here would love to only have two 300's sucking on the tank. Most have triples or quads on the center consoles.

Anyone notice the bow seat had moved out of alignment?

I can understand that on big lakes and big rivers having ability to move fast would be desirable. Here in Portland area, we have the Columbia with several islands (between Washington and Oregon) and the smaller Willamette (cuts right through center of city) rivers and some small 3-4 mile long reservoirs on small river systems. In central Oregon we have some big reservoirs with 3 rivers behind dam with many long fingers to explore. (Lots of rental slow houseboats and hotter high desert weather). I guess here most want enough speed to pull toys and skiers (able to hit maybe 30 mph) but nowhere to really run a Ferrari of a boat. I would love to ride in one though. The guys that want to go fast usually have true wakeboard boats with the water bladders to make waves or race boats with big V8 sitting behind driver/passenger seats. Pontoon/tritoon are just still catching on here. I am hooked for the space on them and stability.

Back