Question about Sea Tow and Progressive sign and Glide

bwsdj

Reaction score
Well my boat is in and I am in the process of getting insurance.  So far progressive has the best rates and it includes sign and glide towing. Wanted to see if anyone has used it? And if so how was the experience. My boat salesman told me yesterday if I get Seatow through them when I pick boat up , I can get 15 mos for the price of 12. Not sure if I need seatow with the sign and glide. I appreciate any feedback

Thanks Brad

Our boat is with our homeowners and cars. If you're only boating on lakes, there's always someone to give you a tow.

I agree with Carl that it really depends on the body of water you boat on. Smaller inland lakes will quite possibly not even have the service available. However, I've got to assume that if your dealer offered it, you're somewhere where it might make sense. Not available on our 22,000 acre lake so I can't help you out. As for boat insurance, we have ours with our homeowners and pay $201 a year. Good luck! Post some pictures...

Well my boat is in and I am in the process of getting insurance.  So far progressive has the best rates and it includes sign and glide towing. Wanted to see if anyone has used it? And if so how was the experience. My boat salesman told me yesterday if I get Seatow through them when I pick boat up , I can get 15 mos for the price of 12. Not sure if I need seatow with the sign and glide. I appreciate any feedback

Thanks Brad

I have it ,have not had to use it ( knock on wood ) .I have been hit twice while in my slip at our "Previous marina " .No problems with claims and my rates did not go up 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my policy with progressive. $447 for the year. 

More than I was expecting but think I got pretty good coverage

IMG_1841.jpg

We have $300K liability/bodily injury/uninsured, $5000 med pay and a $1000 phys dam deductible for $201.40  Sitting over that is a $1M umbrella policy.

Umbrella here as well. We carry high liability limits given the water exposure.

Depending on what you're being towed for, you might be able to have the supplier pay for the tow. Dealer/Yamaha paid for mine when I had an issue on year 2. My opinion it is better to be safe than sorry.

Back