Question for Team Bennington

Friar

Reaction score
Sort of a minor question now, but since everyone seems to like describing exactly their pontoons, wondering if you could help me properly identify what 2010 model Bennington I have. The serial number of the boat is ETWC2217C010.

I have called it a 2275 GFi because that is what the dealer (Whittle Boats Lewisville, TX) described it as on their website and in sales documents. They currently show a boat identical to mine as a 2011 2275 GFi.

After 8 months of ownership, I was trailering it home from the lake yesterday and looking in the rearview mirror realized the sticker on the bow said 2275 GLi. It also has a 2275 GLi sticker on the starboard side rear.

In looking at the 2010 and 2011 brochures, the floorplan is exactly a 2275 RFSi (2010) or a shorter 2575 GFSi (2011). It came with a hybrid of standard features from both G/F and R series models and other optional features (32” elliptical tubes, double bimini, rear activity deck with vinyl floor, stainless steel LED docking lights, bench seat livewell) and I added other stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like my new boat. Dealer flat out lied to me about it. Ordered it under the basis of what the dealer told me. Said Bennington told them they were not going to make any changes to the boat for 2011, So I ordered a new 2250 gcw esp based off that information which has a 2011 serial # and was built end of august 2010. Now looking at the new 2011 boats they changed the model # to a 2275 and changed a bunch of options. :angry: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of a minor question now, but since everyone seems to like describing exactly their pontoons, wondering if you could help me properly identify what 2010 model Bennington I have. The serial number of the boat is ETWC2217C010.

I have called it a 2275 GFi because that is what the dealer (Whittle Boats Lewisville, TX) described it as on their website and in sales documents. They currently show a boat identical to mine as a 2011 2275 GFi.

After 8 months of ownership, I was trailering it home from the lake yesterday and looking in the rearview mirror realized the sticker on the bow said 2275 GLi. It also has a 2275 GLi sticker on the starboard side rear.

In looking at the 2010 and 2011 brochures, the floorplan is exactly a 2275 RFSi (2010) or a shorter 2575 GFSi (2011). It came with a hybrid of standard features from both G/F and R series models and other optional features (32” elliptical tubes, double bimini, rear activity deck with vinyl floor, stainless steel LED docking lights, bench seat livewell) and I added other stuff.

Thanks for your help.
Your serial number indicates that you have a "custom" floorplan. Large volume dealers will sometimes come to us and ask for specific features and floorplan changes to meet a special market need. Basically, you have a "Custom" 2275GFi. The model did not have it's own designator in 2010, so the plant gave you the closest thing to it!

Thanks for the quick response :D (so I will leave my signature block as is)

Back