Question for you new Q owners

JBeard

Reaction score
So after having our Q25 for a few weeks now I have some questions for you die hard Benny owners. First why wouldn’t they have put speakers in the area under the seats in back ? Second I talked to the guy that does the audio work for the dealer I bought from which I have no complaints with but I was explaining to him how my music sounds like crap really and faster speeds in the boat and asked him if there were some options with amp and such He said unfortunately that system is maxed out at install. So just got me thinking. Damn the amount of money we spend on this quality of a boat I would have thought audio would have been better. Anyone else feel this way about the new ones and or what did you guys do to overcome issue. Still love my boat just not 100% satisfied with the audio.

You can always add amplifiers, subwoofers, more/better speakers, and better head unit. I bought everything from Crutchfield. A good audio shop can install it. That's what I did with my R series, and it's awesome.

So after having our Q25 for a few weeks now I have some questions for you die hard Benny owners. First why wouldn’t they have put speakers in the area under the seats in back ? Second I talked to the guy that does the audio work for the dealer I bought from which I have no complaints with but I was explaining to him how my music sounds like crap really and faster speeds in the boat and asked him if there were some options with amp and such He said unfortunately that system is maxed out at install. So just got me thinking. Damn the amount of money we spend on this quality of a boat I would have thought audio would have been better. Anyone else feel this way about the new ones and or what did you guys do to overcome issue. Still love my boat just not 100% satisfied with the audio.

It’s a open boat not a enclosed car. My convertible stereo sucks with the top down. You also have upgraded audio options at purchase. If they built these to the expectations of many buyers, no one could afford them ... that’s why they offer so many “upgrades”.

Last edited:
What sound system do you have? As SemperFi suggested, a boat (particularly in motion) is a difficult soundstage to work with. Our's came with the stock Kicker system, which IMO is only a bit better than not having anything at all, but the addition of a powered subwoofer sure made all the difference in the world, even at speed. You've got a blank canvas so go crazy...

Last edited:
I agree. I was so disappointed on the "upgraded" system that was in my boat. The speakers sounded stressed and not much mid/bass range. I went a little overboard at an audio store and dropped $6,000 on an upgraded Wet Sounds stereo system. It has 6 Revo 6" speakers throughout the boat, 2 10" subs, 2 10" tower speakers on a swivel mount and 2 Wet Sounds amps and a sound processor all with rgb led lighting and rings. It sounds and looks amazing! That's the type of quality that should be in a Bennington when picking it up from the dealership.

It’s a open boat not a enclosed car. My convertible stereo sucks with the top down. You also have upgraded audio options at purchase. If they built these to the expectations of many buyers, no one could afford them ... that’s why they offer so many “upgrades”.

I have to agree with Semperfi. On our new Q we went with the base sound system knowing we would not be happy with the sound. I thought the upgraded system wasn't worth the cost and that I could do a post purchase upgrade with much better sound at a better price. I am currently speaking with a couple of audio shops about my options.

That's the type of quality that should be in a Bennington when picking it up from the dealership.

Add another $6K to the price and it would be .... if these boats were sold the way everyone “thinks” they should have been, no one could afford one ...

Lol $120k I would think I would have premium sound equipment ! Hell I could buy a 2019 Corvette or better and have the best of the best for that money. Like my boat just think they could have done better on sound that’s all.

I agree. I was so disappointed on the "upgraded" system that was in my boat. The speakers sounded stressed and not much mid/bass range. I went a little overboard at an audio store and dropped $6,000 on an upgraded Wet Sounds stereo system. It has 6 Revo 6" speakers throughout the boat, 2 10" subs, 2 10" tower speakers on a swivel mount and 2 Wet Sounds amps and a sound processor all with rgb led lighting and rings. It sounds and looks amazing! That's the type of quality that should be in a Bennington when picking it up from the dealership.

It was, on my tower model, well it only had 1 10" powered sub, so I added two more 10's, and a couple more 6.5's. Switched out the Wet Sounds amps it came with for the better Wet Sounds amps, loved that setup. I desperately wanted to add two more REV 410'S to the tower, so 6 10's on the tower, but the price was steep and we never used the boat enough, so just ended up selling it. Still pretty bummed about it, but it's crazy to have 100k sitting in the driveway to use it 16 hours a year!

I think the sound system is fine. I have the KMC 20 with Sirius XM and it sounds great and we can hear just fine at 40+ miles an hour. Sound is a personal preference which is why I agree with Bennington’s approach.

I when with the Roswell from the factory. Yes its a little expensive, but I got a 10 year warranty! Last Bennington I did an after market alpine head unit, kicker marine 250 watt sub tube and 600 watt marine jbl amp sounded great for a year or 2 then had issues like most marine products and it was a nightmare getting it fixed almost paid for a second system at that point. I think I'll stay with my Roswell with a 10 year warranty.

Lol $120k I would think I would have premium sound equipment ! Hell I could buy a 2019 Corvette or better and have the best of the best for that money. Like my boat just think they could have done better on sound that’s all.

They could .... for $126,000 .... LOL!!!!!

Back