Question on posting pictures and editing signature information

Mike31406

Reaction score
Ok I give up.  I have been trying to post a picture using one of two methods.  Either uploading from my library or taking a new photo.  Whenever I use either method I get a pop up that says "file larger than max file size."  What am I doing wrong?  Although I stumbled on how to create a signature I cannot find a way to now edit it.  Any suggestions?

Ok I give up.  I have been trying to post a picture using one of two methods.  Either uploading from my library or taking a new photo.  Whenever I use either method I get a pop up that says "file larger than max file size."  What am I doing wrong?  Although I stumbled on how to create a signature I cannot find a way to now edit it.  Any suggestions?

I use photobucket and use the "insert other media" button on the bottom right, right above the "Submit Reply" button to attach photos.
Austin%20driving%20boat_zpsvzx2tyoz.jpg

What's there to edit???? Having a 2217 model year is sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Account, account settings, signature.  Should be able to edit.  I did that from a I pad, should be similar on a p c.  Home screen, top right, 3 bar symbol.

Account, account settings, signature.  Should be able to edit.  I did that from a I pad, should be similar on a p c.  Home screen, top right, 3 bar symbol.

Thanks, got it.  Still working on posting picture, don't see anywhere to change photo size.

You can post photos by loading into your gallery here, and linking to that photo using "insert other media" and using "insert existing attachment"  , or using a hosting site and link to the photo using same insert other media option but using "insert image via URL" and using the image attachment address. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use photobucket and use the "insert other media" button on the bottom right, right above the "Submit Reply" button to attach photos.

I LOVE this forum and its members, but I find the picture posting process MADENING FRUSTRATING!  As I've said in other posts, it'd be great if the software behind the forums entered 2017.  :angry:

However, Lakelivings advice that I quoted above is what saved me from more premature hair loss. :eek:   It works perfectly. :D   It's the only way I have been able to upload pictures reliably with my iPad - which is what I am typically using.

I had to play around with the photobucket process a bit to get used to it, but after doing it a couple of times you'll be fine.

You also use the insert URL function to insert a pic from a web page ... I did this in 10 seconds with iPad 

digi54140952_l.jpg

Not it high jack this thread...... but man that's one cool looking boat!!!! 

I LOVE this forum and its members, but I find the picture posting process MADENING FRUSTRATING!  As I've said in other posts, it'd be great if the software behind the forums entered 2017.  :angry:

However, Lakelivings advice that I quoted above is what saved me from more premature hair loss. :eek:   It works perfectly. :D   It's the only way I have been able to upload pictures reliably with my iPad - which is what I am typically using.

I had to play around with the photobucket process a bit to get used to it, but after doing it a couple of times you'll be fine.

At the risk of showing my ignorance what is photobucket and where do I find it?

www.photobucket.com

Web hosting for your pictures and video's......doesn't work as nice as youtube for video's though.  It's free as well as imageshack.com if you don't like photobucket for your picture hosting.

There are multiple posts on how to post pics, do a search and it should be easy to find. Mr.G did a great one and I'm pretty sure it's actually sticky'd. I personally always just upload into my gallery, it can take any file size, then insert media into the post. The nice thing about this way is that the pics will always be there. With the outside website url insert, if you change or delete a folder in your photobucket, the link will no longer work for those pics.

I copied the URL for this picture I had in Flickr using the Insert other Media button.

26930673220_a4139e3163_h.jpg

Back