Question on Simrad GPS G05

Dunn

Reaction score
So Im not sure if it is supposed to or not but the boat had a $919 option for the Simrad installed and all that shows up on the control screen is the GPS speed water temp and depth. None of the other dials read, the RPM, fuel, trim and I don't know if they should or not. Being a factory option I would think it would?? The boat has analog gauges for the trim/rpm/fual and they all work as they should.

Does anyone have experience with this?

20171011_193904.jpg

Hi Dunn, I have the 6YC Yamaha Info center along with the SIMRAD...I DO get the display information so perhaps the digital stuff is set to share info and the analog is not? Sorry I can't be of more help! I do like the SIMRAD!

I don’t think it’s set up from factory for gauge use. I think it’s just setup as yours is. If you want the use of gauges, you have to set up the NMEA. Not real hard to do if you are handy.

Good gosh! That thing tells you everything except your blood pressure. :D

Ahh Thanks, I searched Simrad and only came back with 4 results. NMEA is the keyword I was looking for here

That looks like a cool unit!! Will it remind you if the cooler’s getting low! ;)

Back