Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Question on Tri-toon Trailer

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by carribeanmum, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:05 PM.

1. carribeanmum

carribeanmum Member

Looking at ordering a Yacht Club trailer for a tritoon boat. Wondering if you need a center pontoon support on the trailer?

2. lostpacket

lostpacket Active Member

Not sure if it's required, probably depends on how you're going to use it. I would recommend it, I think it's a kit to just add on to the yacht club trailers.

Something like this

[​IMG]

carribeanmum likes this.
  3. carribeanmum

carribeanmum Member

We are just needing it to to store it during the winter (about 1/2 hr from our place) and launch in the fall and take out in spring. Does that change anything?

4. goldnrod24

goldnrod24 Moderator

IMHO, you need the center toon supported.

lakeliving likes this.
  5. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

My Yacht Club trailer came as a 2 toon set up. The dealer just added the center tube supports. Yes it must be supported.

6. ugleeual

ugleeual Active Member

I purchased a Tritoon trailer from EZ Loader for the exact reason you stated... my dealer said you need to support the center toon when out of water for any extended period.

7. adkboater

adkboater Well-Known Member

Center toon support is a must, you’d be stressing the boat with one good bump on the way home, plus the weight hanging all winter long. Easy add to the trailer for the piece of mind. Plus if you decided to tow it anywhere for a change you’d want it also. Just my two cents! :)

8. mattb

mattb Well-Known Member

I would get one as well. I actually talked to a Manitou dealer who said they sold tri toons on two bunk trailers all the time, had one sitting in the lot like that. I went running away from them over to the Benni dealer.

9. dmhflash

dmhflash Active Member

I had a double bunk trailer before I bought my 25 GSB SPS this year and asked the bennington dealer/salesman the same question expecting he would say you need the third bunk. Nope, he said the structure is absolutely strong enough to support the boat in storage all winter on the two bunks. I appreciate his belief in the product but even with that endorsement I would still add the third bunk for peace of mind. As it turns out the boat on the bunk trailer is 3" too tall to get in my 8' overhead door so I dropped it on foam blocks from a scissor lift for storage.

10. bwsdj

bwsdj Well-Known Member

I have a aluminum trailer by Road King trailers and love it for my 21slxp tri toon

11. cdoc315

cdoc315 Member

I looking to buy a third toon kit and am having a hard time finding a source.
    Any info appreciated

12. adkboater

adkboater Well-Known Member

What brand trailer do you have? Most manufacturers make a kit, if not I’m sure someone else’s would work too.