Question on Tri-toon Trailer

carribeanmum

Reaction score
Looking at ordering a Yacht Club trailer for a tritoon boat. Wondering if you need a center pontoon support on the trailer?

Not sure if it's required, probably depends on how you're going to use it. I would recommend it, I think it's a kit to just add on to the yacht club trailers.

Something like this

ptb2245t.jpg

Not sure if it's required, probably depends on how you're going to use it. I would recommend it, I think it's a kit to just add on to the yacht club trailers.

We are just needing it to to store it during the winter (about 1/2 hr from our place) and launch in the fall and take out in spring. Does that change anything?

IMHO, you need the center toon supported.

My Yacht Club trailer came as a 2 toon set up. The dealer just added the center tube supports. Yes it must be supported.

We are just needing it to to store it during the winter (about 1/2 hr from our place) and launch in the fall and take out in spring. Does that change anything?

I purchased a Tritoon trailer from EZ Loader for the exact reason you stated... my dealer said you need to support the center toon when out of water for any extended period.

Center toon support is a must, you’d be stressing the boat with one good bump on the way home, plus the weight hanging all winter long. Easy add to the trailer for the piece of mind. Plus if you decided to tow it anywhere for a change you’d want it also. Just my two cents! :)

I would get one as well. I actually talked to a Manitou dealer who said they sold tri toons on two bunk trailers all the time, had one sitting in the lot like that. I went running away from them over to the Benni dealer.

I had a double bunk trailer before I bought my 25 GSB SPS this year and asked the bennington dealer/salesman the same question expecting he would say you need the third bunk. Nope, he said the structure is absolutely strong enough to support the boat in storage all winter on the two bunks. I appreciate his belief in the product but even with that endorsement I would still add the third bunk for peace of mind. As it turns out the boat on the bunk trailer is 3" too tall to get in my 8' overhead door so I dropped it on foam blocks from a scissor lift for storage.

I have a aluminum trailer by Road King trailers and love it for my 21slxp tri toon

Center toon support is a must, you’d be stressing the boat with one good bump on the way home, plus the weight hanging all winter long. Easy add to the trailer for the piece of mind. Plus if you decided to tow it anywhere for a change you’d want it also. Just my two cents! :)
I looking to buy a third toon kit and am having a hard time finding a source.
Any info appreciated

I looking to buy a third toon kit and am having a hard time finding a source.
Any info appreciated
What brand trailer do you have? Most manufacturers make a kit, if not I’m sure someone else’s would work too.

This is where I bought my trailer from:
http://www.trailersforpontoons.com/tatrailers.html

I had a perfect experience with them, delivered to where I had the Bennington Stored, my marina forked the boat onto the trailer, perfect fit. I have their model: PMI26THD/14DBR, tandom axle, 2-disk brakes, triple-toon package, heavy duty, aluminum rims with spare, deluxe winch stand, dress up aluminum diamond plate kit, load guides, plastic bunk wraps, Stern extension.. pretty much everything, a little over 4 and half deer with delivery and tax.
Some might say this is overkill, but I'd rather get the additional braking, and HD upfront and never think about it on our trip. A co-worker has a 22' tri-toon and a Yacht Club trailer, nothing special, it works, but he said it does not pull good (the weight balance is off) and can see the trailer flexing on the road. I recommend get the best you can, if I had to do over I would have waited for the galvanized version.

If you have an Express hull, the center support is not required. The weight of the motor is on the outside toons and the center toon doesn't have heavy fuel tanks either. The center Express tube is relatively light.

The SPS hull requires The center toon support.

It only makes sense to support your center toon. Regardless of applications (underwear or trailers) it is a universally acceptable practice.

Funny comment coming from a "well-known member!"

Back