Quick Clips On Playpen Cover-Can They Be Added After Cover Has Snaps On It?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
If you have a playpen cover with the Quick Clips, how do you like the clips? Does anyone here know if the clips can be added to a cover that already has the snaps on it? My boat is a 2015 2275 GCW and has railings with the grooves to accommodate Quick Clips.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the clips and like them a lot. Easier to use than the shaps. My were instatted when the cover was made. They sewn in the cover. 

The grooves are in my rails as well. I don't have them but thought about adding them. Some of male snaps that screw into the rail are stripped in a couple places. Not sure what the fix is as drilling another next to it would look terrible. It still works but spins by hand.

The only boat I know that has clips has already broken two of them.  How are the other faring with their clips?

Our Benny has snaps for thr front and quick clips for the rest (anywhere there are rails). We cover/uncover at least an average of twice a week, and NO problems so far. We really like the quick clips btw.

I have the quick clips as well, everywhere except the front of the cover. They's been working well, so far. I like them better than the snaps.

Love the quick clips, 3 years in and not one problem.

I have quick clips also and remove/ replace at least once a week. I love them and have had no issues.

Anyone know where you can buy the quick clips? On my previous cover they look like they were "riveted on" similar to installing an older style snap. I have an older cover (new cover with nothing, snaps or clips, installed at present) I want to try and install the quick clips if I can find them

I have not been impressed with durability. 3 clips broke pretty easily over the last two seasons. One snapped the second time I was trying to take the cover off.

Also, one of my four draw strings to tie off around the bimini brackets broke the first season as well. All-n-all, I’d expect/prefer better durability in my boat cover. However, since mine also sits under a covered lift, I am just living with it.

I have not been impressed with durability. 3 clips broke pretty easily over the last two seasons. One snapped the second time I was trying to take the cover off.

Also, one of my four draw strings to tie off around the bimini brackets broke the first season as well. All-n-all, I’d expect/prefer better durability in my boat cover. However, since mine also sits under a covered lift, I am just living with it.

Are you using the trick in my video? I can pop mine with 2 fingers and no real force needed. They pop right off. If you have to force them off, you’re doing it wrong and you will break them.

Anyone know where you can buy the quick clips? On my previous cover they look like they were "riveted on" similar to installing an older style snap. I have an older cover (new cover with nothing, snaps or clips, installed at present) I want to try and install the quick clips if I can find them

Dealer ...... or possibly Feebay..

Love the clips around the port,starboard and stern. I had the playpen cover shortened 3 ft from the deck/rubrail snaps. Local canvas shop added snaps and anchors to the bow fence rail, works great. I asked if he could do clips to the bow fencing, the grooves are in the fencing but the added stitching and cost was not worth it.

Are you using the trick in my video? I can pop mine with 2 fingers and no real force needed. They pop right off. If you have to force them off, you’re doing it wrong and you will break them.

Can you post a link to your video please...

Thanks...

For the most part I think so, but obviously I didn’t do it totally correct a couple of times. However, both times they snapped, its not like I was muscling them. They are just not very durable. Cheap plastic clips are simply cheap plastic clips. True they are easier to get on and off than snaps, but again, just not durable.

Same with the bimini draw string. Just not very durable given the expense of them.

The grooves are in my rails as well. I don't have them but thought about adding them. Some of male snaps that screw into the rail are stripped in a couple places. Not sure what the fix is as drilling another next to it would look terrible. It still works but spins by hand.
Andy ,a friend ( with a different brand pontoon ) stripped a few of his rail snaps .
We fixed them with lamp cord .Take out the stripped snap , put a piece of cord into the stripped hole .reattach the snap to the rail ,trim the excess cord . His has help up 2 seasons ( so far ).Another option is a small plastic wall anchor

Last edited:
I have snaps on the bow and stern and quick clips along both sides. I cover/uncover almost daily during the boating season and all clips held up fine for the one season I have had the boat. I do use SEMPER's method, as shown in his video. I probably would have broken a few clips if I had never watched it.

We love our clips, much easier to use than snaps.

Our Benny has snaps for thr front and quick clips for the rest (anywhere there are rails). We cover/uncover at least an average of twice a week, and NO problems so far. We really like the quick clips btw.
we are new bennington owners and I could not get the mooring cover off! the snaps in front were easy but the clips are hard to work. any suggestions

Back