Quick Horn Fix

Jack M

Reaction score
Took a wave to the under deck horn the other day ,got very quite . Took a can of compressed  air out yesterday  ,sprayed it in the horn ,water literately poured out .Horn works again .

Ingenious

Curious if I froze any water in it ,can had frost on it . :lol:

Learning something new everyday!

I know the new boats have horns in the console.  It seems it would be rather easy to mount a new horn in the console, provided space allows.  Horns usually come with a trim plate and access to the switch is right there.  But there is always that drilling into the fiberglass concern. I guess if a can of air works, why bother.

I know the new boats have horns in the console.  It seems it would be rather easy to mount a new horn in the console, provided space allows.  Horns usually come with a trim plate and access to the switch is right there.  But there is always that drilling into the fiberglass concern. I guess if a can of air works, why bother.

Ours is in the console and still works after 11 years.

Ours is in the helm as well. No issues here! 

I saw he words compressed air, and wave in the same comment and thought we were going to have the aluminum dent debate again... LOL

I saw he words compressed air, and wave in the same comment and thought we were going to have the aluminum dent debate again... LOL

At least your thought was better than mine. I saw the title and thought..... well, lets just say my mind was elsewhere. :unsure:

Took a wave to the under deck horn the other day ,got very quite . Took a can of compressed  air out yesterday  ,sprayed it in the horn ,water literately poured out .Horn works again .

Nice work! BTW, did you pack up and leave Michigan to go boating? Seems like summer has done given up the ghost here.

Actually is has  been nice up until today.High winds today ,warnings are posted 

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually is has  been nice up until today.High winds today ,warnings are posted 

Glad to hear! We didn't even go up to the cottage this weekend due to the weather. 59 degrees at dinner time yesterday here downstate.

I think you get use to cooler weather ,years ago I would even consider going into 70 degree water ,now no big deal .Water temp  the other day at the sand bar was 76 

Glad to hear someone is getting out!

That is good news on the fall forecast! Hopefully it stays true and we can get some extended boating in. Since our water level doesn't drop this fall I'm only limited by how cold I want to get removing the lift and dock.

Back