Quick question: Gauge dimmer

Unishot

Reaction score
Just recently purchased a 2009 2577 RFI. Of course, there is no owners manual. I'm under the impression that the gauges are backlighted and have an adjustable dimmer based on what I read on another site that listed of all the specs for the boat.
The gauges have on this boat have the steppable motors in them, and the digital window showing hours/trim/etc. at the bottom.
Can anyone enlighten me as to how to adjust the backlighting?

I have a 2014 and there is no adjustment

It is what it is.

After being on the lake in the dark the other day, I've noticed that there is NO BACKLIGHT on my gauges. Is it supposed to be lit, albeit dimly?

I would think they should light up. Mine are pretty dim too. I think that's by design. Since you don't have headlights on a boat like a car does, you really don't want to have bright gauges (like a car has) messing up your night vision.

They should work though. But expect them to be dim. In my opinion, they are supposed to be dim.

I believe they come on with the nav lights.

When I had the navigation lights on last week, in the dark, there were no gauge lights. Is there a fuse to check, or is this likely a loose/disconnected wire?

You can check your breaker ,should be right under the switch

Doubt it's a breaker, because the NAV lights have to be on (apparently) for the gauge lights to work. So they must be on the same breaker, and the NAV lights work fine.

I have a breaker under each of my switches ,except the dimmer.Check your connections under your helm

I also have a breaker next to my switches, but there is no dimmer. I'll check under the helm at the back of the gauges and see what's up. The gauges all work fine.....

My GPS came loose last year

Back