QX Sport

Ishoot308

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a QX Sport from my local Marina with a 400 Verado. Going to be test driving it next weekend. Was just curious if anyone on here has one and can share what kind of performance I can expect from the 400 Verado On this model? The QX sport is about 900 lbs heavier than other Bennington’s of the same size that’s why I am wondering about performance. I was hoping to hit 45 mph with this setup, just not sure with the additional weight...

Thanks!

Dan

Looking at purchasing a QX Sport from my local Marina with a 400 Verado. Going to be test driving it next weekend. Was just curious if anyone on here has one and can share what kind of performance I can expect from the 400 Verado On this model? The QX sport is about 900 lbs heavier than other Bennington’s of the same size that’s why I am wondering about performance. I was hoping to hit 45 mph with this setup, just not sure with the additional weight...

Thanks!

Dan

The 400 Verado is a robust motor! Even with your extra weight, I’d expect to hit that for sure, with some level of sustainability under load (fuel, people, supplies).

That said, I do not have personal experiences with either that motor and boat - aside from in my dreams. I asure you in my dreams it hits those speeds and more. :D

Hopefully someone else will chime in with personal experience. I think it is a pretty exclusive club.;)

I do not have a QX but do have a 25 QCWA with a 250 hp Suziki. With only my wife and I on board, with a smooth lake and no wind we hit 52. But under most "normal" days, with 4 to 6 people on board, a little wind, and some waves due to other boat traffic, we top out between 45 and 48.

Last edited:
I do not have a QX but do have a 25 QCWA with a 250 hp Suziki. With only my wife and I on board, with a smooth lake and no wind we hit 52. But under most "normal" days, with 4 to 6 people on board, a little wind, and some ways due to other boat traffice, we top out between 45 and 48.
Thanks but really looking for performance on the QX “Sport” as that particular model is 1000 lbs heavier than all other Q models that are the same size.

Dan

You should be closer to 50 mph than 45 with that setup. Given your expectations, you will be happy with the performance, even considering the QX weight. Will cruise effortlessly and extremely smoothly at 30, which is a sweet spot for us. It’s like a Bentley on the water. Gets you where you want to go relatively quickly, even on a large lake. If one really needs/wants significantly more performance you really need to look at twin engine options.

You should be closer to 50 mph than 45 with that setup. Given your expectations, you will be happy with the performance, even considering the QX weight. Will cruise effortlessly and extremely smoothly at 30, which is a sweet spot for us. It’s like a Bentley on the water. Gets you where you want to go relatively quickly, even on a large lake. If one really needs/wants significantly more performance you really need to look at twin engine options.

So you have the “Sport” model? The Sport model is 1000 lbs heavier than a QX model.
Just want to make sure we are talking about the same things.

Thanks!

Dan

We have the QX pictured in my profile thumbnail. I’m not familiar with weight differences between the Q, QX, and QX Sport , as I have not seen any published weight numbers. I would be surprised if a sport weighs anywhere near 1000lbs more than a QX with cladded arch, but have no idea the actual difference. Ultimately it will be a moot point when you get out for a test drive next weekend and you determine whether it meets your expectations. Good luck!

We have the QX pictured in my profile thumbnail. I’m not familiar with weight differences between the Q, QX, and QX Sport , as I have not seen any published weight numbers. I would be surprised if a sport weighs anywhere near 1000lbs more than a QX with cladded arch, but have no idea the actual difference. Ultimately it will be a moot point when you get out for a test drive next weekend and you determine whether it meets your expectations. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. Yes the QX Sport weighs 5200 lbs. The same floor plan with arch in a standard QX model weighs 4200 lbs.

I currently have a Q series with arch and windscreen with a 350 Yamaha on it and I can easily hit 50 mph. But it is a lot lighter than a QX series and even more so than the QX Sport. The added 1000 lb weight is the reason for my test drive next weekend and my posting here hoping for real world numbers. I just want to make sure I am not giving up too much in performance for the added luxury.

Thanks again!

Dan

I thought I would report back on my test drive / findings in case anyone in the future has this same question...

I test drove and purchased a 2020 QX Sport With a Mercury 400 Verado outboard Yesterday. The QX Sport model weighs in a 1000 lbs heavier than a standard QX model so I wanted to make sure performance would still hold up with the added weight.

my concerns were put to rest during the test drive as the boat attained a WOT speed of 49 MPH. I was totally impressed with the power and quietness of the Verado power plant on this boat. The added weight of the boat really made for a much smoother ride over the Q model I currently have.

Very Impressed!

Dan

Dan thanks for the update and congratulations on the new boat! We need to see pictures. Lot's of pictures. Interior, exterior, and when underway.

Great information you shared back. I always love learning about others boats.

DITTO the call for pictures. I want to see this beautiful water beast.

I think a QX sport would be a dream boat for me. I’lol never get remotely close to that type of boat ownership, but man would it be great. Enjoy the new ride!

I only have a few pics from the test drive. I take official delivery of it next week...

Attachments

• 475F5DB0-BCD2-4801-B605-0CD11523C32F.jpeg
    475F5DB0-BCD2-4801-B605-0CD11523C32F.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 69
  • CEBC1752-DE75-40BD-B746-5A9F103314F6.jpeg
    CEBC1752-DE75-40BD-B746-5A9F103314F6.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 69
  • B6EB1C44-BCFF-401D-820A-4154BA497E21.jpeg
    B6EB1C44-BCFF-401D-820A-4154BA497E21.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 70
  • 61A348DD-31AB-4039-B9C2-4EBFACB1ED34.jpeg
    61A348DD-31AB-4039-B9C2-4EBFACB1ED34.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 68
Nice!!! I look forward to seeing more pics once you take delivery.

Very nice! What does the QX Sport have that makes it weigh1000 lbs. more??? Curious....

That’s one sweet ride!!!

Back