R Series vs Q Series

Nat

Reaction score
I don’t know which forum to ask this in, but I’m considering trading in my 2009 BENNINGTON 2575RCWIO and notice the Q Series have a 25’+ now? Does anyone know if it’s better than the R? As in upgrades, performance, options, etc. or is it just based on what you choose? There’s so many options! And wow, are they expensive!

I purchased a QCW this year . When I received the "OK" to purchase I went to the dealer planning on ordering an RCW .I also asked him to give me a price on the QCW built the same way ,the only exceptions were some standard features on the QCW that I had not requested on the RCW ( stainless steel rub rail , steering wheel ,pop up cleats etc ) . As it turned even though the list price was higher, the out the door price was less .

As someone new to this I am not an expert like some on here but I have some knowledge (enough to be dangerous). For starters the R has traditional railing layout where as the Q has the fiberglass. It looks sharp and adds storage (in the front) but you loose some deck area. One of the other members commented that you can't lean on the fiberglass (such as when fishing) off the front. Also I would assume the fiberglass makes the boat heavier so it may be slower compared to the same boat in the R. They are both luxury so either choice would be excellent. Depends on your preference and what you are looking for. Like Jack stated you may find a dealer looking to move a Q and get a better price or what you would be paying for as "options" on an R may be standard on a Q. Would be good to price both out if you are on the fence about them. I'm sure more experts/owners will respond with more knowledge for you.

As someone new to this I am not an expert like some on here but I have some knowledge (enough to be dangerous). For starters the R has traditional railing layout where as the Q has the fiberglass. It looks sharp and adds storage (in the front) but you loose some deck area. One of the other members commented that you can't lean on the fiberglass (such as when fishing) off the front. Also I would assume the fiberglass makes the boat heavier so it may be slower compared to the same boat in the R. They are both luxury so either choice would be excellent. Depends on your preference and what you are looking for. Like Jack stated you may find a dealer looking to move a Q and get a better price or what you would be paying for as "options" on an R may be standard on a Q. Would be good to price both out if you are on the fence about them. I'm sure more experts/owners will respond with more knowledge for you.
All Q's are not fiberglass .The QX and the QX Sport are the fiberglass models

Back