R23 gauges

Cwright

Reaction score
According to my build sheet the R23 comes standard with Veethree touchscreen gauges. I haven’t been able to find any info on them. Can anyone help me out? Pics maybe?
Thanks!

I think those are new going into this year or just flat out newer on the nicer 2021’s. Maybe someone can chime in and validate me or correct me? Might not be many people with them to give feedback, and no one will have any long term feedback. I am assuming they will be fine for durability, but it will be nice having them covered under the warranty in case issues occur.

My biggest concern would be how easy are they to read in sunlight and how good are their viewing angles? I know my Simrad can be a pain to read on slight angles and in bright or direct sunlight. On the flip side, I like touchscreens and modern looking layouts.

Who knows, over time you could become the go-to person on giving others advice about them.

I will take RELIABLE analog gauges any day!

I want to cruise and enjoy a few beers, not spend the day trying to figure out how to navigate through screens.

I agree totally! That’s exactly what I had decided -to go with standard gauges. Then I looked at standard equipment on the build sheet and see the veethree/touchscreen gauges are standard on the R series.

How far are you from your build date? I would assume Bennington will allow you to downgrade your gauges if the build date is far enough out. I would contact your dealer and ask them. Unless you have warmed up to the digital gauges which I personally would prefer, but I also opted for the Simrad on my new boat. The digital stuff is not for everyone and there is something nice about the old gauges that show you what you need to know and that is it. "Keep it simple stupid"- that is true sometimes.

I am a digital person, so I like the look. And if anything like cars, then you’re going to have so much more access to information should you choose to utilize it.

I am a digital person, so I like the look. And if anything like cars, then you’re going to have so much more access to information should you choose to utilize it.

Yeah I messaged the Veethree rep on FB and he confirmed that the gauges in the pic above are standard on Bennington but with a specific software for Bennington. Should be good. Hopefully it’s like you say.

Here’s a pic from Benningtons page. A little less “bling” than the pic above. I’m guessing these are the same, probably all kinds of settings options.

7DA12311-6267-45C1-B2B2-B6FD4D472494.jpeg

I saw that pic yesterday in the “build and price” section. It shows as an upgrade option even though the specs area says they are standard on the “R”. IDK, maybe they are different. Who knows? I’m ready to lay eyes on them for sure.

I have the new touch screen gauges that come with the 2020 R23. My dealer said this was the first Benny they had delivered with them. They weren’t sure how they actually worked when they delivered the boat in June.

After playing with them myself I discovered that most readings only work on one or the other guage. Not both.

You can see that both guages are displaying the same screen. I think that there are 3 different screens.

Left screen shows 1/2 tank of gas, right screen shows empty. Likewise with the other readings.
Hours, tilt/trim. The only one correct on both screens is battery voltage.

No matter which screen I display something on the screen is not showing a reading.

7F3FDE01-E2BB-4EAA-BEAD-E165C6CB04A1.jpegCFEDBE40-592F-49CA-800A-3CAF009B751F.jpegCDEA66D8-0DA7-4D0D-9C9B-AB5AE0B42574.jpeg

Did Bennington or dealer forget to connect something?
Or is it the way they are supposed to work?

It’s been 3 months and no resolution.

Last edited:
I have the new touch screen gauges that come with the 2020 R23. My dealer said this was the first Benny they had delivered with them. They weren’t sure how they actually worked when they delivered the boat in June.

After playing with them myself I discovered that most readings only work on one or the other guage. Not both.

You can see that both guages are displaying the same screen. I think that there are 3 different screens.

Left screen shows 1/2 tank of gas, right screen shows empty. Likewise with the other readings.

No matter which screen I display something on the screen is not showing a reading.

View attachment 27979View attachment 27980View attachment 27981

That really doesn’t sound correct. Other than that how do you like them? Are they easy to read in direct sunlight? Do you have the Digital Electronic Controls on your rig? Thanks for the info!

View attachment 27979View attachment 27980View attachment 27981

One more question, can you show a pic of tachometer and speedometer? Have yet to see a pic that shows them. Thanks again!

That really doesn’t sound correct. Other than that how do you like them? Are they easy to read in direct sunlight? Do you have the Digital Electronic Controls on your rig? Thanks for the info!
Yes, I like the guages. Have gotten used to flipping left/right to see the info that I want. Just have to remember which guage to flip. No I do not have DEC.

One more question, can you show a pic of tachometer and speedometer? Have yet to see a pic that shows them. Thanks again!
I too would love to see what the digital gauges look like with the tach and speedo. I started a new thread of 2021 dash pictures for other layouts but I appreciate all the info you provided here. Thanks!

Back