Radio Memory and Battery Switch

GaryA

Reaction score
I purchased my first Bennington (2275 GLi ESP) a couple of months ago and just love it. A lot different than my first pontoon I had 7 seven years ago. My question: I ordered it with the factory installed battery switch (single battery) and when turned off it kills everything. My previous boat the bilge pump and radio memory was hot wired to the battery. Is there an easy way to wire the radio memory directly to the hot side of the switch? Battery is in the changing room area.

Thanks

Gary

I did that early on with my boat and the draw from the radio memory drained the battery, Boats don't get used as much as cars to recharge the draw from the radio. The 2011's have a different radio than my 2009, so the draw from the radio memory might be less. You could try and see if yours drains the battery too quickly for your usage of the boat. If you have an auto bilge pump and the boat is keep at a dock, I would hook it to the battery (with a fuse, of course) there would be no draw unless the pump is running. Be sure to keep the float switch clear of debris.As for easy, it depends where the battery switch is. You will need to run a wire from the battery or switch to the radio memory wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back