Rainy day projects

Jim_R

Reaction score
A rainy day motivated me to do some small boat projects I have been putting off.

First one, a simple battery upgrade. Pulled the existing group 24 battery and battery box, and added a group 31 in a battery tray. The group 31 barely fits in the existing battery area. Eventually I will install the group 24 in a different area setup as a dedicated starting battery, and add a Yandina auto charging relay. At that point the group 31 will be the house battery.

P1000097.jpg

The lack of a good storage area for the mooring cover poles was bugging me, so...

P1000099.jpg

Had to add an additional 1.25" square tubing column. I had bought some used tubing earlier for a different project (I hope it stops raining or I may yet attack that project too). I used JB weld to secure the column, so far it is rock solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Jim. Great idea for the poles.

Love the pole idea, that's what I'm going to do when ours comes in. Very clean. Gonna do that for my fishing poles also.

When I reach the lake on the weekend I bring a dock cart out and place the mooring cover and poles in it, I leave it on the beach, if it looks like rain I cover it again but otherwise I leave it off until Sunday night when we leave the lake

When I reach the lake on the weekend I bring a dock cart out and place the mooring cover and poles in it, I leave it on the beach, if it looks like rain I cover it again but otherwise I leave it off until Sunday night when we leave the lake
Where exactly do you leave these valuable items? :p

Great idea! Nice and neat!

Can you come clean out my privacy curtain area? I mean that area is spotless.......... :blink:

Back