raised dome registration numbers

The Domed numbers are cool for sure. They say they match Bennington's font. It is hard to tell, but they look great!

I am thinking about "Happy Hour$" for a boat name. As I basically have a small mortgage!!!

I found these "Raised" Letters online.
And while we are on the topic of Reg #'s My dealer placed the original reg numbers in the upper section won the panel. Where most people above placed theirs. I found when you look down the side of the boat The Bennington Logo is in one place and it attracts your Eye and then the Reg #'s are in another place on a different plane, At least from my perspective it looked odd. I thought re locating the Reg #s to the lower section & placing them at the same height off the lower rail as the Bennington logo made the reg #'s flow or blend in a bit better.

Attachments

• numbers2.PNG
    numbers2.PNG
    963.8 KB · Views: 80
  • numbers.PNG
    numbers.PNG
    671.1 KB · Views: 77
I found these "Raised" Letters online.
And while we are on the topic of Reg #'s My dealer placed the original reg numbers in the upper section won the panel. Where most people above placed theirs. I found when you look down the side of the boat The Bennington Logo is in one place and it attracts your Eye and then the Reg #'s are in another place on a different plane, At least from my perspective it looked odd. I thought re locating the Reg #s to the lower section & placing them at the same height off the lower rail as the Bennington logo made the reg #'s flow or blend in a bit better.

This is something each person needs to check into. I believe most states have specific descriptive requirements legally as to where, as well as other characteristics, the registration numbers an go. For instance, I agree yours look better and flow better there. However, in my home state (Michigan) your numbers would not be legal, and make you subject to getting in trouble/fine.

Michigan:

“The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.

• Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow as high above the water line as practical.
  • Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
  • Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
  • Number’s color must contrast with the color of the background and be distinctly visible and legible.
  • Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: MC 3717 ZW or MC-3717-ZW.
  • No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
  • Decals must be affixed on each side of the vessel and placed three inches after the last character of the registration number.”

^ In california the rules you posted are pretty much the exact same. The 3 inch rule apply. The Reg squares work as 3 inch measuring blocks. In fact the back sides of the stickers have photos of how they are to be affixed and people still get it wrong.

Back