Random Thoughts

Lil Spooky OH6A

Reaction score
on my new 21slx I got 13.5 hours on almost exactly 18 gallons of fuel at varying break in speeds. Don't know if that is good or average, but it sure has been enjoyable. Gas at my marina, Four Winds in Bloomington, In is $4.09 a gallon. In town it is $3.09. How much in everyone else's world? My boat sits in the water. Should I gently clean the transducer to keep the Garmin accurate? 90hp Merc, two toon. So far I'm kind of impressed with the quality.

Gas at my marina, Four Winds in Bloomington, In is $4.09 a gallon. In town it is $3.09. How much in everyone else's world?

Marine grade gas at our nearest marina is currently $4.70/gallon. Just got some today.

I get 87 non ethanol at our local station for around $3.00 in a five gallon can, then haul it down to the boat.

I get no corn 93 in cans for $3.69.

My marina is at $4.05 a gallon 91 octane no ethonal. Filled up today 46 gallons at $186. I promptly went out and burned through another 20 gallons. I love summer! I had the boat WOT a few times today but I did hit 47.6 MPH with full tank.

Cruised by 2 different marinas yesterday on Lake Norman......Ethanol free 91 octane on the water was $3.99 and the second place was $3.96........

I see many of you are using higher than 87 octane non ethanol. Should I be using higher than 87 in my Yamaha 150?

Mike many of us myself included want to use non ethanol gas and it is only offered in the higher octanes. Running higher or lower octane wont make much of a difference

Check the engines owner's manual. My 2008 - Yamaha 225 hp called for 87 octane. While my my 2013 - Yamaha 300 hp calls for 89 octane.

There are also more additives in higher octane blends. Plus, it's right around the corner from us.

I have no choice but to use 90 octane unless I want corn ( I refuse ) . Dont know the price yet this season .

Marine grade gas at our nearest marina is currently $4.70/gallon. Just got some today.
Rub it in, Jeff. Thought I'd splash our today but cancelled due to weather. We'll try again next Sunday!

87 from the gas station down the street (currently $2.93 per gasbuddy) purchased 15 gallons at a time and lugged to the slip. In a pinch, I'll spring for the marina gas but I don't mind toting it myself.

Rub it in, Jeff. Thought I'd splash our today but cancelled due to weather. We'll try again next Sunday!

Good decision to cancel. Not good boating weather this weekend up here. We’re going to pack up and head home a bit earlier today than we had planned. We’ll be back up in about three weeks, so boating for us will have to wait until the end of June. I hope you get in some time between now and then with the right weather.

Mike many of us myself included want to use non ethanol gas and it is only offered in the higher octanes. Running higher or lower octane wont make much of a difference
That is the reply I hoped that I would hear. Thanks!

91 octane "real gas" here at the marina... last I looked, $3.90.

Lake Cumberland 90 octane real gas. $4.73 Last year they only had ethanol fuels.
Put in 20 gallons. It moved the gas gauge from just below half to just above half.:)

$3.99 hi octane “rec fuel” (no lead) here in Traverse City

Back