RCW Lounge Shade?

Sandow

Reaction score
We are looking at getting a new pontoon. I really like the lounge seats and the open swim areas on some of the models we are looking at. One problem I have is we live in SC and often have temps around 100 deg. You need shade. Has anyone fitted a Bimini or some kind of shade on a 2275 RCW. I know the LTD would probably work with a double Bimini, but then you are closing in the back.

We have the 2275 RCW with the factory 10 foot bimini. It works great. Of course, it depends which way you are headed but there seems to always be shade over at least the top half of your body on the loungers.

And the rear loungers are all that and a lot more. The absolute best seats on the boat.

Good luck in your selection, you won't regret a Bennington.

andy

We too have the 2275 RCW and love it. When the sun is directly overhead, your upper body in the stern lounges is still shielded from the sun but your legs will be exposed. There seems to be at least 3-4 seats that are completely shaded at all times. The helm and the port lounge always and usually at least one more seat depending on the location of the sun. We always seem to have some sun worshipers anyways so not a big deal for us.

What kind of speed do you get with a 250 on it?
You should be in the easy 40's, although I've spoken to guys who get into the 50's with the right prop, trim and mounting.

I can let you know after next Tuesday. Having my first oil change after break-in and didn't want to run it all the way till I do. It hit over 40 very easily so far and I am very impressed with the Yamaha SHO 250 thus far.

Somewhere above 43 by speedometer, but I don't think it to be comepletely accurate. My brother has a Hurricane boat. We were running across the lake. He said he was running 45 and I ran off and left him. Will GPS it the next time I do a speed test and let you know.

Some friends that Have the RCW have said the same thing. The rear facing seats are the HOT seat of the boat. They are great for laying out but not the best seat for shade. It would be intresting to bennington to offer a Bimini the could extend back to offer additional RCW seat shade

BTW what does RCW stand for??

Some friends that Have the RCW have said the same thing. The rear facing seats are the HOT seat of the boat. They are great for laying out but not the best seat for shade. It would be intresting to bennington to offer a Bimini the could extend back to offer additional RCW seat shade

BTW what does RCW stand for??
R is for the R series by Bennington. CW stands for center walk-thru.

I have a 2010 2250 RCW and as stated best case shade protection is 50% of the lounge seat is shaded with the bimini top up. To date this has not been an issue as we usually have at least two sun lovers that like the full sun of the rear lounges. I have thought to myself it would be nice to have an umbrella option as I like to sit there myself and read and at full sun it can get a bit hot . I know I saw a post regarding umbrella mounts which I think would work well as a shade option for the rear lounge. Have a look at previous posts with a search on umbrella key work and you may find the the previous post.

We also have some sun lovers so the partial shade or full sun in the stern lounge area has not been an issue. However, I like sitting back there too to read while docked and prefer to be in full shade during those times. I think an umbrella with a quick release for back there would be a terrific idea.

We also have some sun lovers so the partial shade or full sun in the stern lounge area has not been an issue. However, I like sitting back there too to read while docked and prefer to be in full shade during those times. I think an umbrella with a quick release for back there would be a terrific idea.
Check out my front mounted patio umbrella and the shade it provides. You must tie up facing the sun and tilt it in the late afternoon. I'm sure mounting would be different than mine but doable.

Back