RCW Walk Through

Just got back from the dealer ,he had already  called Bennington before I got there .

I did tell him that since the arch is powder coated  ,I want it replaced .List price on the arch option is over $3700 . 

They also just got done with the lake text as I arrived .The results were not good .

They have already ordered a new prop ,since all they got was 34 @ 5400, WOT .

Right now that it is a 15 X 15  Enertia ,

I do trust my dealer.

And against my better judgement ,I am going to take delivery later today .

I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the *** 

My temper has cooled down substantially in the 7 years I have been retired  .

It would not take much to get me fired up again .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear Jack. Seems odd with all these boats running short of the potential lately

Bennington may just be experiencing some growing pains, keep the faith.  Apple did the same thing when they exploded but they always remembered what their core values were 

I am back .

Monday right after I got the boat in the slip I got a call and had to make an unexpected trip down state .

I have not spoke to the dealer since Monday ,so I do not know the status of the pre delivery / factory  issues .

When I got back this afternoon we went out for about 2 hours ( and I have a burn to prove it ) .

New issue's   are the " kill switch " does not work and with no bimini I have no anchor/stern light  .

When I trim up ever so slightly it starts to cavitate  . I also made a hard turn at about 15 mph  trim all the way down  prop came out of the water .Motor is mounted in the 1st hole . If they raise it up to the second I would not be able to trim at all .

Now I wonder if I got correct shaft size on the motor supposed to be 25"

Also anyone with the "wet sounds" sub woofer ,I heard there is an adjustment on it .

Where is it ?

Also  looking for the antenna so I can spread it out .

I have a few pics ,been busy ,post them later when I get some more ( better ) 

Radio antenna should be rolled up by the radio in the helm. Welcome back buddy.

I spent about 10 minutes under the helm today .There are a lot of coiled up wires .

I was looking for a flat one like I had last season .

I'll  get the book out and see if I can find the correct input before I start pulling wires .

I spent about 10 minutes under the helm today .There are a lot of coiled up wires .

I was looking for a flat one like I had last season .

I'll  get the book out and see if I can find the correct input before I start pulling wires .
OK, let me rephrase,

Coiled up wires connected to the head unit.    B)

Jack, the kill switch does not work in what way? If you mean doesn't kill the motor, I don't think mine does. It only kills my power to helm switches.

My antennae is a flat white wire about 3/4" wide, coiled up & tied to other wiring.

Jack, the kill switch does not work in what way? If you mean doesn't kill the motor, I don't think mine does. It only kills my power to helm switches.

My antennae is a flat white wire about 3/4" wide, coiled up & tied to other wiring.
The "kill switch" is supposed to "kill" the motor. Smitty, next time your boat is running, pull the lanyard and see what happens.

Whole idea of a kill switch is that if you fall over board it kills the engine just my thoughts have to check mine now

My sub "dial" is on the right side of the sub. The amp has a rubber cover housing the controls.

20140521_204630_zps5otsihvu.jpg

Whole idea of a kill switch is that if you fall over board it kills the engine just my thoughts have to check mine now
Water is still too cold up here to jump in the water. We'll have to test ours later ;)

Oh yeah that works, I thought he meant the MASTER POWER SWITCH ..... Sorry ... :-(

My sub "dial" is on the right side of the sub. The amp has a rubber cover housing the controls.

20140521_204630_zps5otsihvu.jpg
Thank You ,unfortunately ,my amp is facing the other direction .This is going to be fun .

Here is another item I forgot to add .

Other than to start the motor I don't need the key .Radio,gauges etc . Everything works with switch in the off position .

Here is another item I forgot to add .

Other than to start the motor I don't need the key .Radio,gauges etc . Everything works with switch in the off position .
Hi Jack,

Gongrats on getting the new boat finally delivered. Some thoughts after reading your posts.

If you're motor is hung in hole #1, the lowest it can be, you shouldn't be able to ventilate without doing something really unusual with the boat. You are correct that there are 20" and 25" transoms that come with different bottom configurations and if your dealer confused  the two and installed the shorter shaft motor on a transom that requires the longer shaft, well, there you are.

On to your power system. Your kill switch should kill the motor when the lanyard is yanked out, no doubt about it. It should be just like turning off your key. And about that key. While Bennington likes to keep your music and marine electronics alive for you (power controlled by an Accessory switch on the dash) without the ignition being on, your gauge system should NOT be on with the key turned all the way to the off position. It really sounds like your dealer needs to spend a little time under the helm checking the wiring for you. Be careful. Without the ignition switch wired correctly it sounds like your ignition system is on all the time and you will definitely find your battery dead in the morning if this is the case.

If you bought the boat with the optional battery switch I would turn it all the way to OFF when you put the boat to bed after each use until you get this resolved.

Sorry to hear that your road is bumpy, i'm sure they'll get things smoothed out to your liking.   :)

Jack

Which motor did you order. f it's yamaha the shaft length is designated in the model number. For example I have the Yamaha F300 25 inch shaft F300xca. The 30 inch shaft would be F300uca. You can find the shaft length (letter designation on yamaha Web site under specifications.)

The motor is mounted  on the top or first hole .If it were to be raised up the prop would be out of the water .

I always turn off the switch on the batteries just in case I were to accidentally  leave anything on .

Back