RCW Walk Through

Mercury 150 .

The model # on my order says XL ,I can't find it on the motor itself .

I just emailed Mercury asking them to verify with the serial number .

Last edited by a moderator:
jack your cavitation plate on the motor should be the same height as the bottom of the transom.

or aleast real close.

70CB1F73-3333-49FF-8054-345AE4045BD9_zpsaaaz7049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I will look at that later today .

jack your cavitation plate on the motor should be the same height as the bottom of the transom.

or aleast real close.

Hey Jack, if you look at the picture of the sub and amp, you can just barely see the volume dial attached on the side of the sub. As for the amp being the other way, yes it is a bit of a pain, but you can just take the screws out of the sub mounts(in the floor) spin the whole unit, set your gains(I suggest using an SMD tester unless you are good with an oscilloscope ) and you will never look at the amp settings again. They may not have plugged in the sub control either, look in the bag of "extras" that is usually with the boat and it may be in there. As for the gauges, I'm pretty sure that the Master Power does control power to them completely separate. Unfortunately, not something I can check at the moment.

Thanks Derrick

My biggest issue is me ( 6'5" 290 ) trying to get in there . :lol:

If the dealer is worth his salts he should be in touch with Bennington talking to production Mgr. about the condition at delivery. As far as you getting involved with works under the helm let the dealer handle it.

I'm fighting back tears on my old motor that has spent the last 4 weeks at the dealer. It's true that I should have replaced the old Merc. 50 with something new but it was running perfect and we're retired. So far we've now replaced 2 carbs. and it now looks like a third is needed. I guess if we get out of this for a $1000 and it runs right we're a head of the game If not wellll. I just want to get the Benny back and running.

Dealer has been in touch with Bennington .

Bimini is on its way .

$100 is being refunded for the battery mistake .

Arch ,Bennington has not made a decision on .

I have not heard about the thresholds 

I also added to the list .

Kill switch does not work .Which I can be ticketed for in Michigan if pulled over for a safety check .

Also all the electrical works with out a key .

No anchor/stern light ,also ticket-able . 

All your electrical WILL work without a key. All of mine and everyone else's are like that. Otherwise when you turn off your key you have no music, no anchor light(which yes I know you don't period at the moment ), no bilge pump. As for your size, well that makes it easier! You have longer arms to reach back and unscrew the 4 screws in the sub and can spin it around. You could take a look at the kill switch, maybe one of the plugs came off, or frankly it could even be just the little securing ring needs adjustment.  Dunno. Obviously you can wait for the dealer to come look at it, but if you're like me, I'd want to be in there fiddling around with crap!! Haha

It's just odd .On the SLX last year it had to be on .

Fiddling around with crap. That'd be me too.

Actually, I sorta love it when crap don't work...

My sub "dial" is on the right side of the sub. The amp has a rubber cover housing the controls.

20140521_204630_zps5otsihvu.jpg
Just got back from the marina to check mine .

Completely different .

I pulled the panel on the amp as shown ,nothing but electronics ,and not controls .

So I undid the sub ,All of my adjustments are on the back of the sub .

Still looking for the antenna .

Thanks for the pic,even though mine is different ,It helped to see what I was looking for .

Jack, did you happen take a pic of your sub and amp? There has to be controls on your amp as it is completely separate for your speakers, whereas the dials on the sub are just for powering the sub.

There are no controls on my amp ,unless they moved them to the top ,which I did  not look at.

Sub was easy to turn about ,I'll take pics next time 

Jack, is this the amp?

01.png

No ,mine is entirely black with a blue light 

Really? And it's a Wet Sounds? It's not this one is it?

01.png

It would be amazing if it was since it is like 3 times the price. I would love to switch out all my amps for these. Their power output is incredible. But I can't see them using this just for the inboat speakers, it would be a bit of overkill. 

Was I ever wrong .
Just got back from the marina ( had to install the PTM)

Its  amazing what I can see with a flashlight under helm .

Mine is Silver .

I did find all of the controls ,didn't have a small enough screwdriver with me to adjust them . But I found them .

Thanks .

I also found the antenna . It is a white cable looks like a standard rca cable then splits in to a T .As you look at the Sony from behind it is on the lower left .

Did you ever post some lake pics yet? Maybe I missed them as I haven't read through every post lately.

No pics until it is complete .

Back