RCW Walk Through

I bought a different antenna. I went to O'Riley Auto and picked up a "window mount". 10 bucks. It does take power and ground, but easy install as BM has a quick connect from the head harness to the boat harness roughly 6" to 8" dark blue was my ant power, black is ground. Easy peasy.

I need to do something .I just got back from the marina again .

I cant get some of the stations I want .

We have trouble getting some of the stations we want so we primarily use Ipod or pandora

Certainly cheap enough, let us know the results

That requires 12 V ,doesn't it ?

I dont want to mess with the electrical until "they" get it fixed .

Thanks though .

hi sounds like a nice boat. how did you have it configured? what size motor did you get? lots of luck. GBR?

At the time ,I had been in direct contact with Bennington .All issues were corrected .

Interesting, not a single message from Bennington.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, not a single message from Bennington.
Last post was almost a year ago, and Bennington does not typically respond to threads on the forum, as it's not meant to be used for direct communication service issues. 

I know this is an older thread but...

We just signed for our build and put our 10% down. I have arranged for a personal, unsecured loan for the boat so it is basically a cash sale from the perspective of the dealer. My boat will be going into production sometime this fall and the dealer expects to receive it in November or December. We won't be ice-out until April but dealer has stated they expect payment within a couple weeks of when they receive boat. They state they will unwrap it so we can inspect it and make sure all the options we ordered are on it. They will then store it for us until we can actually take possession.

So my question is - how can I thoroughly inspect and check all the operations of the boat in December when it can't be on the water for rigging and testing until April? In addition, once we actually pay for it, aren't the warranties effective from that date? Why would I want my warranty to start running 4 months before I have use of my boat? This doesn't make sense to me and when I questioned the dealer, he said that Bennington and Mercury are "easy to work with" as far as warranty and would honor the "in use" date versus the purchase date. I am skeptical.

What do you all think?

Get it in writing.

I think if they are easy to work with then so should the dealer. If they stand firm on getting paid. Do the math on carring costs to see what they are out, ask to see the invoice from BM and request any rebates, kick backs or any other cash made from the sale to be excluded. You could let him know the boat can remain for sale but any profits greater than "x" go to you.  Get anything they are "saying" in writing. Spend a couple hundred and seek council of an attorney to make sure your agreement will hold up in court. Or, you could pay it and use it as leverage in the event you need work done. It will help  jump you to the front of the line. Theses are my opinions. Your milage may vary.

I ordered mine in December of 2013 ,it arrived at the dealer in February .Dealer stored  it and  prepped and delivered when I was ready in May , I did not have to pay the balance until delivery .

If you have them put a hold on it ,there is a possibility you may run into the " Boat show season "They also wait until they have a full load for delivery 

Back