Ready to finalize order on 25 RSB

Bone Daddy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comments and reviews on options on this board.  I'm getting ready to finalize by order on a 25RSB and would be interested in anyone's thoughts on what I left off or included but don't need.  The summary is:

• Sunset red with black upper accent stripe, Tuscan Dune interior with pillowtop diamond stitch and seagrass beige flooring
  • 250 HP Mercury Verado with power steering
  • ESP, in floor storage, center gas tank, lifting strakes
  • Bow gate seat, keeper rail, side illumination, pop up cleats, dual battery, ski pylon, rub rail protectors, height adjustable helm seat
  • Simrad GPS G05

I am wondering if I'm getting enough horsepower.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a nice build and will look sharp. As far as HP.,what is your expectation for mph? I have a 2550RCW with ESP and a Evinrude 200HO. My boat will do 41mph with the right conditions. I find that plenty fast for our liking.So I would expect that you should get 44-45mph out of your set up with the right prop.

You will have plenty of power to pull tubes etc and to cruise at a good speed.  Did you consider getting a raised helm?  I find the extra few inches help in visibility when docking.  Enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Thanks for the feedback, it is very helpful.  It sounds like I'm good on the HP, over 40 mph will be fast enough.  I was thinking about the raised helm, I'm 6'6" and I felt a little too high so I went with the adjustable seat instead.

That build looks great! 250hp should get you over 40 no problem. Not sure where you're boating but sharkhide may be an option you want to add, I'm going on 3 years noe and the toons still look great. You have to post pics once it in! 

I'd lose the adjustable seat and go elevated helm. It's not that it sits that much higher (4"), it just looks much better than the standard. It just makes that boat look oh so much better. I'm really gonna miss mine ..  :(  Trust me, it's that nice. 

I'd also go curved Bimini to follow the curved lines of the RSB.

Oh, and Blackout option ...  :D

Agree with SemperFi, the elevated helm is a must for the looks alone, so much sharper looking than the standard helm.  I would also consider some illumination for night time drives

Plus 2 on the elevated helm 

Just for a tease .... I mean, look at this thing !!! And I believe this is the Tuscan Dune helm.

R23-Swingback-Pontoon-Boats-Helm.jpg

After much thought between booster seat and elevated helm we also went with the  elevated helm.

Thanks for all the great comments!  We're going to go with the curved bimini.  You guys are really making it hard on me regarding the raised helm  ^_^   I'm going to have to think a little more about that.

Bone Daddy, did you see the picture SemperFi posted?  There's nothing to think about

• 250 HP Mercury Verado with power steering
  •  

I am wondering if I'm getting enough horsepower.

Our initial build was a 25Rsb with a 250 Mercury as well. We test drove some boats with both Yamaha and Mercury and on the 25R series they both topped out at 43-44mph with light loads. We were happy with the performance until we test drove one with a 350 lol. Now our boat is going to be a 25Qsb with the 350 Verado, it's supposed to be built in 9 more days!!!!

Also highly recommend the raised helm. The Sunset Red is a beautiful color, we were down to choosing between it and Smokey Granite. We went with Smokey Granite and every time we see a pic of the sunset we feel like we messed up.

Go with as much HP as you can afford. Our boat originally came with a 200 Verado but I told the dealer to make it a 250. They told me it was a waste of money, but I'm glad I did as I really think it would have been under-powered. 

My top speed so far is a shade under 40 MPH (speedo, not GPS) and I can't remember my SS prop dimensions). Sorry for such incomplete information, but this summer I'll try again using GPS.

While I'm generally happy with my boats overall performance, I think I'd have gone with at least 300. Just my two cents... 

Thanks for all the great comments and input!  We will probably go with the raised helm, you people wore me down  :) .  Thanks for looking out for my best interests.  I'm also going to price out a bigger motor.

You won't regret the helm.

Don't worry, you'll be able to help other people spend money too....  :lol:

Good call on the more horsepower option! :)  

Personally, definitely get the raised helm, you may have already ordered it, but keep in mind that the raised helm also gives more storage under the helm, plus, did you SEE the pic Semp posted???? It's gorgeous!  Haha. As for horsepower, keep in mind mine is only a 2275, but many with the same setup, without the tower, are in the 46-49mph range. I'm at about 44.6, my 200hp I had before on the exact same boat without the tower was 42-44. The top speed increase is hardly worth going for a 300 over 250. I also don't really think the holeshot is going to be THAT huge a difference to offset the increased weight and more so, the cost.

Now don't get me wrong, the strut to and from the pontoon with a 300hp is I'm sure VERY rewarding, but personally the long days spent in the elevated helm relaxing are probably your best bang for your buck. 

Good Advice Bulldog, I totally agree; but then I am not a speed guy

Depending on the brand of motor the jump from 250hp up to 300hp will not be worth your while or improve the performance drastically. If you are a horsepower man the new 350hp will be a considerable difference in performance not only in top end but being able to maintain a decent cruise speed with 10-12 people on the boat or doing water sports with a boat full of people. You'll NEVER get that additional horsepower down the road for the differential in price now. If horsepower is not your thing stick with the 250hp. Either way you are going to LOVE that boat!!

Back