Really good BBQ grill for your Bennington?

Nice job!! Looks great...wish I had used the 1" cutting board.... that grill (inside top) looks too clean!!! ;^)

I have not mounted mine yet, but I think my grill is a bit bigger! I didn't measure before I ordered, just took for granted feet were the same, but, it still fit on the board. I too bought the 1" thick board. I hope the grill is not too heavy for the pole as the it is a bit bigger than the ones in these pictures.

Nice job!! Looks great...wish I had used the 1" cutting board.... that grill (inside top) looks too clean!!! ;^)
Hahaha! Those are the first (of many) hot dogs it will see! Thanks again for all your help!

I did one thing different. I will post a picture next time out. I fabricated four clips to clamp the legs of the grill to the cutting board instead of bolting it directly.

I had thought about mounting one on the previous Benny, but quickly decided that I didn't want to risk splatter and any other kind of mistake to happen while on the boat. I have a couple of portable grills (smaller Weber kettle) that we take with us, find a sand bar, and use it there. I haven't even thought about putting one of the new Benny. Not happening; at least until it's 8 - 10 years old.

This is why you never say never.

28276F03-8C22-4090-944A-ACC4AD31AC48.jpeg D1999CEA-C803-4B2E-82B0-CE76C569A1A2.jpeg

8748F51E-E0E4-4799-AF66-0C3B2002D27A.jpeg 01EFC03F-9030-42D3-AD78-202FDA30B6BE.jpeg A49C543E-EDD5-400B-8049-73E35F1E24D7.jpeg

Well, Weber won the day! I’ve decided to ues a small Weber Q for my Benny. However, a friend had given me 3 accessories for the Magma Grill. I’ve got the:
1) 8” x 17” Reversible “Non-Stick” Griddle, part number A10-195
2) 8’ x 17’ Fish and Veggie Grill Tray, part number A10-297
3) Serving Shelf with Cutting Board

Some of these items appear to have been slightly used (cutting board) the other items appear to be new. If you have any interest, PM me or email me at danny.leininger@gmail.com

View attachment 23473 View attachment 23471 View attachment 23472

Well, Weber won the day! I’ve decided to ues a small Weber Q for my Benny. However, a friend had given me 3 accessories for the Magma Grill. I’ve got the:
1) 8” x 17” Reversible “Non-Stick” Griddle, part number A10-195
2) 8’ x 17’ Fish and Veggie Grill Tray, part number A10-297
3) Serving Shelf with Cutting Board

Some of these items appear to have been slightly used (cutting board) the other items appear to be new. If you have any interest, PM me or email me at danny.leininger@gmail.com

Still available for free...

That’s a really nice setup...I can almost smell the burgers!

What did you use for screws?
@Mudslide03 On our 2015 and 2024 Q's we mounted our pedestal on our bow, port side, and used stainless steel bolts, washers, and locking nylon nuts to ensure a secure connection with support from underside. We do not travel very fast at all with the gill in place. Have had to move with the hot grill still cooling down but it's always a slow putt until it's cool and put away. We lined up the area so we did not have to drill through any support members under the deck. The 2024 we had to take off the wave shield temporarily to get everything installed then put the wave shield back in place. We chose the bow to mount as there was always less foot traffic as we do a lot of tie ups where people will pass by on the stern.

I've seen people use just screws in the deck and seen things get bumped and then torn of the boat. Lillypad marine also has some options for mounting with their pedestals that some like for the ease of use and removal when not in use.

Great info jgedeon. I never considered tie-ups and foot traffic. I'll have to think that one through along with your mounting suggestions. Thanks for the helpful response!

Great info jgedeon. I never considered tie-ups and foot traffic. I'll have to think that one through along with your mounting suggestions. Thanks for the helpful response!
You're welcome. I was one of those that thought they would NEVER put a grill on my boats until a new friend had one and I saw how he did it and there was no grease hitting the floor and things stayed clean. And now I am happy to say no more cold cut sandwiches or pulling up to a land spot with a grill to cook on. I am not a gas fan but it's better than the cold sandwiches. LOL

Another plus on the bow, normally the bow is up wind so the cooking food can be enjoyed of all those aft of the grill and make them hungrier. :)

What's your go to grill food Jgedeon?
Nothing fancy, we have done burger and dogs, Bacon Cheddar sausage is a favorite. Some Fajita meat, and started doing beef ribletes recently, actually picking up some shortly for todays venture out. LOL The only thing I won't cook on it right now because it's gas is steak... I will only cook steak on charcoal or wood.... LOL

Nice! I'm seeing various Kabobs in my future. The Bacon Cheddar Sausages are great as are Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages. Can't wait for that Grill to arrive!

Nice! I'm seeing various Kabobs in my future. The Bacon Cheddar Sausages are great as are Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages. Can't wait for that Grill to arrive!
With the Magma, the right side of the grill runs hotter, as expected with the propane bottle source there. Also note, over time you will loose some sausages and hot dogs overboard as they will roll off your plate into the water when a wake comes in that you didn't see coming or prepare for while getting food off the grill. LOL So we always cook a few more than needed and carry a couple of containers for us to put the left overs in and put in the cooler then take home for a snack and memories of being out on the boat earlier. Seems to allow the boat day last longer while our weather is all floppy around here in DFW TX area.

Back