Rear access door 2011 RCW25

Reaction score
My new 2011 RCW25 has the rear entry gate in the most inconvenient place. Does anyone know if it can be removed and the screws holes repaired? I did notice the the same 2012 model has it moved all the way back to the transom which makes much more sense. (also stainless steel) Maybe the new gate can be retrofitted on the 2011. thoughts??? Brent

My new 2011 RCW25 has the rear entry gate in the most inconvenient place. Does anyone know if it can be removed and the screws holes repaired? I did notice the the same 2012 model has it moved all the way back to the transom which makes much more sense. (also stainless steel) Maybe the new gate can be retrofitted on the 2011. thoughts??? Brent
Hi Brent, you can thank the ABYC and the NMMA certification standards board, among others, for the funky mid-ship gate on the 2011 model. (Along the same lines as all the lovely warning stickers on the boat) The new stainless stern gate option is our answer to that mid-ship gate. Unfortunately, it cannot be retrofitted, since the stern rails are modified for the optional gate. This TB boater has the same model...propped the gate open with an additional gate stop, still allowing us to close it when necessary. Good luck! TB

Hey TB,

Would love to see a picture of the door stop location. On my 2275 RCW, the door opens up till it is up against the helm seat. Seems like the stop would be in an awkward location.

Hey TB,

Would love to see a picture of the door stop location. On my 2275 RCW, the door opens up till it is up against the helm seat. Seems like the stop would be in an awkward location.
Yep, could be a toe stubber...sorry I don't have a picture (my demo just got sold two weeks ago). We placed it as close as we could to the raised helm and capt chair. :)

You might be able to put an extra gate stop very close to the hinge side of the door. Stick a piece of 2" masking tape under the gate in it's fully open position and make both sides. Mount your new gate stop in this location close to the hinge. It will hold it fine and should be out of the way, at least as much as possible. Steve

MARK both sides, I think waaay faster than I can type. I have added two extra stops on mine and no one has stubbed a toe....yet.

Lake bum,

Thanks. a good idea, but I have snap in carpet that goes all the way to the door hinge. I would have to drill a hole through the carpet. Any other thoughts? Brent

Back