Rear Cleat Tightening

LS14EVR

Reaction score
Hello, this may be my first post. I've looked around on here a bit since I got my 2015 Bennington R23 in 2017. It's a Tritoon with a Yamaha 250 Vmax. So last weekend I noticed my rear cleat is loose. This looks difficult to get to. Any input? Or should I hold off till I take it in for other warrenty issues. Minor issues? I'm very handy and do all my own work and maint. Any help appreciated.

Hello, this may be my first post. I've looked around on here a bit since I got my 2015 Bennington R23 in 2017. It's a Tritoon with a Yamaha 250 Vmax. So last weekend I noticed my rear cleat is loose. This looks difficult to get to. Any input? Or should I hold off till I take it in for other warrenty issues. Minor issues? I'm very handy and do all my own work and maint. Any help appreciated.
I replaced my standard cleats with pull up cleats recently and had to drill out 3 rivets to remove the filler piece between the rub rail and the trim at the top of the toons to access them. One on each side. Just replaced them with new rivets when I was done.

Last edited:
Thank you. Good to know. I think my filler is bolted on. I'll have to take a closer look. Pop up cleats would be great. Shocked Bennington doesn't put them on standard on the upper models.

Thank you. Good to know. I think my filler is bolted on. I'll have to take a closer look. Pop up cleats would be great. Shocked Bennington doesn't put them on standard on the upper models.

I wouldn't want them. I prefer the "Bennington" engraved stainless. Would NOT want to fiddle with pop-up cleats.

DaveyJ, where did you get your cleats? Are they Bennington? Oh and I had to drill out 3 rivets as well. Just ordered some stainless rivets to replace. Funny, looking at my brother in laws 2013 and noticed someone drilled out his rivets and never put the filler piece back in. Just left it open.

Back