Rear Facing Seat's

G

Geewest

Hey we are in the market for another Bennington. We currently have a 2575. IO with the traditional sun pad. This question go's out to the people with the New rear facing seat's. How do you like them? and what did you have before (what kind of set up) was your old pontoon boat.

benningtonplatfrom.jpg

Love our rear facing seats. 2011 2275 RCW. best seats on the boat.

Hey Geewest,

First off welcome to the Bennington forum. Great group of people IMHO.

The rear facing loungers have just been a huge hit on our 2011 RCW 2275 pontoon. For sure, the most popular seats on the boat. Even thought it was going to start an argument recently between my brother and sister in law till I suggested they sit together in one. (they did but it was cozy). They rear loungers and huge platform in the stern just makes the boat feel more open than the traditional layout. The open area also allows the kids to drip dry a bit prior to entering the carpeted area. I was initialy concerned about a couple of items prior to purchasing our R series with the rear lounges.

1. Not having a sunpad since I had one on 3 prior boats.

2. Would it be disconcerting for people to sit in the stern nearer the engine.

3. Would it be noisy back there.

Answers:

1. With all the open seating, losing the sunpad has not been an issue at all.

2. I have asked my family and guests and they all feel comfortable back there.

3. The 4 stroke engines are very quiet and you can have a conversation back there while motoring along.

I have not regretted the RCW layout a bit and the look is unique to pontoon boats. I also want to add that the Q series that you are considering with the slopped front end in the bow is by far the best looking Pontoon boat out there and I looked at most of the major players including Premier, Harris Flotebote, Sanpan, and Manitou. Best of luck in your decision.

Love our rear facing seats. 2011 2275 RCW. best seats on the boat.
What he said x 100. Everyone who sits there, loves them.

Had a Crest Savannah with a full width sun pad prior to buying our 2275GCW. Like everyone else our rear loungers are the first to be taken. And, with the center gate I think it helps balance the boat...

I have a 2010 model, so the loungers are enclosed. They are very popular with everyone on the boat, and as most have commented the only issue is who gets to use them. We are tubing with the boat more then I expected, the loungers are a great place to watch the tube and rider and also a great place for the wet tubers getting back onboard to hang out and dry out a bit. Two large adults per chair is a bit tight, but often we have an adult and a kid share and that works out fine. It's also nice when just my wife and I get to out , very relaxing to kick back and read the paper or a book. Not that I plan to sell for awhile....but in my area if there is a used toon with these seats available they go very quickly, its a very desirable option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everybody else. The rear facing seats are the best seats on the pontoon. We do a lot of tubing and skiing behind our new 2011 2275 RCW LTD with Mecury Verado 225 on the back. The rear facing loungers are the perfect place for people to watch the kids (or adults) tubing and skiing. Plus it makes it really nice when you are shooting photos or videos. My wife's favorite spot when just cruising around the lake also as she lays back and reads her Kindle while she soaks in the sun.

It's a very unique design that I haven't seen on other pontoons. You won't be sorry for choosing these!

We have a 2011 2575 RCW LTD. With little kids onboard, we wanted the enclosed seats of the LTD. For 2011, the regular RCW has a rail but no seat back toward the stern. The rail provides plenty of protection for adults, but not enough for young children in my opinion.

In any case, the rear facing seats are almost always the first seats chosen. The engine is quiet enough for people seated there to be a part of the conversation with the driver and adjacent seats. Obviously the seats are great for watching skiers and tubers.

I guess I'll jump in on the topic too. The rear facing loungers are awesome. As others have said, those are normally the first seats to be taken. Unless you are stretched out, two adults can seat side by side in the loungers also. Once you lay back on one you'll realize just how comfortable they are and sleepiness can occur. ;) Other boaters sure do like them also.

Not sure you need another opinion but the rear loungers are the primary reason we bought this boat. There was a huge debate amongst my wife and I about the open stern vs the LTD (closed in) my wife insisted on the LTD and I have to say I think she was right. I love the look of the open rear but every weekend we have had folks setting two in a lounger facing one another and with the RCW it comes with the padded surround so leaning against the back rail is still comfortable enough. Hope this helps.

My wife and I started kicking around the idea of a pontoon around 2007....we always liked the Benningtons but were on the fence until 2009 when they first came out with the rcw package. We went to our local boat show, wife sat on the loungers...sold! done deal; ordered the boat. Never regretted it, and its the 3rd summer with our 2250 rcw.

Hey we are in the market for another Bennington. We currently have a 2575. IO with the traditional sun pad. This question go's out to the people with the New rear facing seat's. How do you like them? and what did you have before (what kind of set up) was your old pontoon boat.
Rear facing seats are awesome. The only suggestion I have for Bennington is to put an iPod / iPhone connector there. Getting up to walk to the dash to adjust music is the only reason I have to get out of those seats.

We have owned other pontoons with different configurations. The rear facing lounges have been our favorite. So to go along with everyone else, go with the rear facing lounges, it will not be disappointed.

I wish bennington would make the loungers have the ability to lay flat. It would be cool if you could configure them so you could lay face down. I think if i got the rear facing loungers that would be on of the mods that i would do. It would not be that hard to mod them so they could lay flat

Back