Recommendations for Bennington 2550 RL Replacement Cover

Gina Sparks

Reaction score
Need to replace our 2002 Bennington 2550 RL cover. It has snaps that are a pain to put into place, but if we have to we'll order snaps. Can anyone recommend what material, type, model, manufacture, etc. we should replace it with? Thank you so much.

Check with a local canvas/upholstery shop.
They should be able to steer you in the right direction and the most economical route. Doubt you’ll ever track down a cover from 06.

Keep a tube of chapstick in the boat. When the snaps get harder to operate, smear a little of the chapstick on the male part of the snap that on the boat. They will operate easier after that. I do it about once per year.

Order a new cover from Tumac they make the oem cover use sunbrella canvas. not cheep but top quality.

Ours will no longer be under a lift canopy. I like the idea of a more durable and protective boat cover than the OEM, and Sunbrella Tupac cover sounds like a potential option.

I checked out the Tumac’s website, and what would you know. Of their 3 physical locations, one is literally 20 minutes from our home in mid-Michigan. Thanks for the suggestion!

I ordered a replacement cover from Tumac 3 years ago for the big boat. Perfect fit, came with snaps and a fair price.

Back