Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Refueling 2012 or newer Benne Pontoon

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by Jtraskell, Aug 2, 2014.

1. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

I was thinking the same thing Derrick, that's what I do.

2. bushido

bushido Member

I have a 24SLX 2018 Benny tri-toon with the enviro-fill system and as others have described, yes it is a royal pain. At least they could have recessed the opening as with cars and this way you can pour more down than straight out. Gravity and all that. Why does Bennington use this system? My dealer says because that's what they decided to use instead of designing the fill just in front of the outboard and pouring straight down into a wide opening from the deck like several other manufacturers do. The dealer gave us the little 6" adapter but if you stick your gas can nozzle into it you still get a lot of backwash. It just can't handle the volume and you still have the problem of your soft nozzles bending and choking off. We sometimes fill the boat from cans in our driveway so I stand on a 6' ladder. It's tough to hoist a full 5 gallon can in this manner.Other times we fill from our dock and when there are some waves it's tough not to spill. My solution was to buy a funnel at Wallyworld. You can see it in the picture. it has a long tapered lower end and the top is angled so you can keep adding while the gas pours into the tank. So here is what you do to increase flow. Stick the nozzle all the way into the opening. Mark where it hits the opening. Pull it out and place your adapter nozzle at the line you drew. Mark where the adapter stops near the bottom of the tapered funnel. Cut it off there. So essentially you have created an adapter that is more receptive to a higher volume of flow and is not stiff. BTW. I also heated the tapered end just above the top line with a hair dryer. I bent the funnel at that point abuut say 20 degrees so that it sticks up higher in the air. pontoon gas fill.jpg

3. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

Luckily I’ve never had an issue with my 2014. Maybe mine was before the change.

adkboater likes this.
  4. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

5. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

Bass pro has them as well. Same price

6. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

Knock wood that mine takes gas at a pretty good clip so no need but thanks for sharing.