Refueling 2012 or newer Benne Pontoon

Couldn't you just lower your boat down a ways so it would be easier? Then maybe use the siphon? Sorry if that's dumb, not sure on your setup.
I was thinking the same thing Derrick, that's what I do.

I have a 24SLX 2018 Benny tri-toon with the enviro-fill system and as others have described, yes it is a royal pain. At least they could have recessed the opening as with cars and this way you can pour more down than straight out. Gravity and all that. Why does Bennington use this system? My dealer says because that's what they decided to use instead of designing the fill just in front of the outboard and pouring straight down into a wide opening from the deck like several other manufacturers do. The dealer gave us the little 6" adapter but if you stick your gas can nozzle into it you still get a lot of backwash. It just can't handle the volume and you still have the problem of your soft nozzles bending and choking off. We sometimes fill the boat from cans in our driveway so I stand on a 6' ladder. It's tough to hoist a full 5 gallon can in this manner.Other times we fill from our dock and when there are some waves it's tough not to spill. My solution was to buy a funnel at Wallyworld. You can see it in the picture. it has a long tapered lower end and the top is angled so you can keep adding while the gas pours into the tank. So here is what you do to increase flow. Stick the nozzle all the way into the opening. Mark where it hits the opening. Pull it out and place your adapter nozzle at the line you drew. Mark where the adapter stops near the bottom of the tapered funnel. Cut it off there. So essentially you have created an adapter that is more receptive to a higher volume of flow and is not stiff. BTW. I also heated the tapered end just above the top line with a hair dryer. I bent the funnel at that point abuut say 20 degrees so that it sticks up higher in the air. pontoon gas fill.jpg

Luckily I’ve never had an issue with my 2014. Maybe mine was before the change.

Bass pro has them as well. Same price

Knock wood that mine takes gas at a pretty good clip so no need but thanks for sharing.

I'm so glad I have an R with the big old open tank filler. No special fill valve, vent, etc ..... Just a big ole 2" opening. I can just let it rip as fast as the pump will allow.
What he said

What he said

Luckily, our new G will still take gas as fast as it comes out of the can. We got a small funnel with the boat/motor(?) that we jam the can hose into tight, and it fills it easy peazy .....

Dealer delivered our 2018 R will full tank of fuel. Went for my first fill-up yesterday with 30% fuel left in tank. We're here on Lake Erie so went to the fuel depot at our marina. Luckily it was not busy. Dock worker (not a young kid) went to insert nozzle and would only run for 2-3 seconds before tripping off and the fuel nozzle would barely fit into the opening. Finally found a home made adapter the would fit better. Then learned as previously posted that you need to aim the nozzle to the left or right to get a decent flow. Called the dealer who was not aware of the problem. Seems this problem has been present for years. Embarrassing to be at a marina and brag about your "toon" that is big water capable but can't fill with fuel like the big boys. Will send an email to the dealer to order the adapter from Enviro-fill.

Luckily, our new G will still take gas as fast as it comes out of the can. We got a small funnel with the boat/motor(?) that we jam the can hose into tight, and it fills it easy peazy .....

So, that little that came with the boat/motor is for gas fill or oil?

No problems filling my 2017 with either pump or 5 gallon can.

Gas.

So, that little that came with the boat/motor is for gas fill or oil?

Not sure, but we use it for gas. Works great. Actually got fuel at the Marina today, and just used their nozzle without funnel. I pumped kind of slow, just in case, but no problems .... other than $2 more a gallon than street price. I’ll lug my can from now on for that difference ...... $2.79 vs. $4.75

i paid $4.35 on the street for 90 octane ,No Corn . Gas on the water is over $2.00 more a gallon .I'll carry

I have not had problems from the pump, marina or street. Once I added some from a can, don't remember a problem there either. Funny, as slow as the new gas cans are I wouldn't think there would be a problem from a new style can... or perhaps it is the problem.

Dealer delivered our 2018 R will full tank of fuel. Went for my first fill-up yesterday with 30% fuel left in tank. We're here on Lake Erie so went to the fuel depot at our marina. Luckily it was not busy. Dock worker (not a young kid) went to insert nozzle and would only run for 2-3 seconds before tripping off and the fuel nozzle would barely fit into the opening. Finally found a home made adapter the would fit better. Then learned as previously posted that you need to aim the nozzle to the left or right to get a decent flow. Called the dealer who was not aware of the problem. Seems this problem has been present for years. Embarrassing to be at a marina and brag about your "toon" that is big water capable but can't fill with fuel like the big boys. Will send an email to the dealer to order the adapter from Enviro-fill.
I have a 2018 R and have filled up at two different locations. One ‘full serve’, one me doing the pumping. I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

Went to a different marina recommended by the dealer and they had a nozzle the same diameter as a conventional gas station. It fit into the opening well. Only problem was their pump was down so I couldn't try it. Dealer is getting me the funnel from Bennington/Enviro-fill for times I go to marinas that have the bigger nozzles. I don't have a trailer, and not allowed to self-fuel (i.e. bring your own 5 gallon cans) at the local docks/marinas that I'm aware of.

I did go with the Gas Buddy 14 gallon rolling tank. Cut off the pump thing on the end of the hose. Like suggested, I drop the boat on the lift and set the tank on a park bench on my dock. It empties in 5 minutes and my 21 gallon tank gets full When cruising long distances on the river, I carry a couple of 5 gal. Jerry Cans, the Gas Buddy and my boat's tank--45 gallons good for 180 miles cruising. It works.

Back