Refueling 2012 or newer Benne Pontoon

Lake,
When fueling with a siphon, how far do you put the siphon hose in or does it matter.
I believe in 2013 Bennington started the change over to the new system and it took about a year to complete. Do you know if you have the new system?

I'll be running 30 gallons through my super siphon tonight to fill ours up while the bugs eat me alive. Never had an issue at the pump either.

Just wipe yourself down with a little fuel.. they won’t “bug” you then ... :D

when using the siphon I start by pushing the tube into the tank in as far as it goes then take enough of it to reach the bottom of the gas can that sits on top of the cushion of the privacy chamber.

LakeLiving, the bugs in Florida are unbelievable, especially the no-see-ums. While down there I was usually covered in scabs from scratching them until they bled

LakeLiving, the bugs in Florida are unbelievable, especially the no-see-ums. While down there I was usually covered in scabs from scratching them until they bled

Ahhh ... the “sand flea” .....

43892641-4433-4494-B9EA-01B84C0259D4.png

So I finally got super siphon to work. I shortened it (suggestion of Jack M) and cut it on an angle, and then I had to keep the tube pulled toward the stern as it filled. If I let it go it gas would back up again. So similar to holding the gas nozzle on an angle I guess. Just glad something worked! Thanks to this forum!

Our solution has worked every time. We let the dock girl at the marina fill it up. I haven’t noticed any issues as a result of that strategy. ;)

So I finally got super siphon to work. I shortened it (suggestion of Jack M) and cut it on an angle, and then I had to keep the tube pulled toward the stern as it filled. If I let it go it gas would back up again. So similar to holding the gas nozzle on an angle I guess. Just glad something worked! Thanks to this forum!

I'm about to get a 2019 20' SL and was planning on using a super siphon. Any way you can post a picture of what you did to get it to work?

I’m in Michigan so winter is upon us. Won’t be gassing up for several months. I’m still thinking about ways to make this easier. not that it’s all that difficult, but comparing to using the super siphon on my other boat, its a hassle,actually having to “think” about what I’m doing.

I know others on the forum have had no issues at all with the super siphon using it as intended and just putting it in the tank. Some of us have an issue, and it’s not clear why, or what makes a difference. Maybe how the intake is routed (my guess), but who knows. Hopefully you’ll be lucky and have no issue.

Last edited:
Back