Refund for tax paid motor fuels

BigKahuna

Reaction score
For a quick synopsis North Carolina has a program that refunds the road tax on fuel purchased and used in anything other than a motor vehicle on the highway. In otherwords all of those gallons of fuel that goes into our pontoon boats and jet skis throughout the season. We can get a refund on the road tax charged on each gallon. It adds up. We have been claiming it for the 5 years we've been here. Here's a link for you to check out. If your state is not on this list you might want to ask why.......https://americanboating.org/fueltax.asp

Never mind I went to the American Boating web site. Refund is explained there.Good to know,but not in available in Wisconsin.
Thanks!

Never mind I went to the American Boating web site. Refund is explained there.Good to know,but not in available in Wisconsin.
Thanks!
Yes we keep our receipts and actually keep track of the # of gallons we have used. The last 2 yrs. we have gotten close to $75 back each year. Not a large amount but it depends on how many gallons you use. It adds up.

In our state we fill out an info spot on form and the taxes get transferred to fish and game commission to use.

No luck in FL

I've been doing it in MO for years, gas for boats, pwc's, tractors etc. I get a couple hundred dollar check each year.

Mississippi isn’t listed. :confused:

Back