Registration Colors & Letter Placement Ideas

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
Just received my registration numbers and having a hard time deciding on color and letter placement. Need some ideas on what others have done. I am thinking of placing the registration numbers in the locations below (numbered by preference). Thoughts, ideas, pictures?...InkedDSC07380-Mod_LI.jpg

( I dont have a good pic on my 2020 QCW )
This is the Domed numbers on my 2014 RCW
1613311450452.png

I've read on this site that the domed letters don't adhere well to the ribbed panels. Your picture would say otherwise. Can you confirm or deny this?

I have used them since 2014 ,on 2 Bennington's .I have never had an issue . Several others here on the forum also have them with no issues that I am aware of

Just received my registration numbers and having a hard time deciding on color and letter placement. Need some ideas on what others have done. I am thinking of placing the registration numbers in the locations below (numbered by preference). Thoughts, ideas, pictures?...View attachment 28864
DiamondDave952, Mine are in the number 3 spot. I took a pic of my boat to a buddy that owns a sign shop and let him pick a color that he liked. The letters and numbers had a shadow, like a silver with a red backing for you ( just an example). They are made of Vinyl.

18F993F3-4B13-449B-9CA5-39FFC7F73B03.jpg

I was hoping I’d see you on here. I wanted to put them on the bottom but I believe that is only 3 inches so it won’t fit. Did you use 3 inch letters on the top? Looks good. In MN can you put them on the upper toons? Thanks!
Thanks! I honestly do not know the size. They had them on the boat when the boat was delivered. Next time I’m by it I will measure.

Last edited:
Please check your local regulations on placement. Some states are stricter than others.

We put the Domed registration numbers on ours in 2017 per advice on this site. We really think they complement the boat well...you know, for registration numbers. :p

Anyway, we’ve never had an issue with them. A lot of people in this forum have used them for years, even on multiple boats, without any issues. In my 6 years or so of lurking or posting on here, I don’t really recall anyone having issues with them, but I might have missed if someone did.

Here is what ours look like:

E95DC591-E286-41DC-ABC5-8D742586D4BD.jpeg

Ours is underneath on placard toward bow. Didn’t want anything on my panels.

EBFF400E-6746-41C6-BB8D-17133ED101F2.jpeg

Ours is underneath on placard toward bow. Didn’t want anything on my panels.
We did the same area as SEMPERFI but just stuck the vinyl to the skirt. They've only been on for a year (three months up here;)). I can't say anything about durability but know a guy with a print shop so vinyl lettering is cheap. 20201023_104206 (1).jpg

Okay FM, give us some context to the picture above. Are you insinuating that you boat year-round up there in the great state of Minnesota? Clearly, I'm impressed!
:D That would be impressive! I didn't get them on until mid-summer so only have three months of use / abuse after the letters went on. That was the only pic (October) I have with the registration numbers. Not sure about Michigan but it's sunny and 80 here in MN today...;)

We did the same area as SEMPERFI but just stuck the vinyl to the skirt. They've only been on for a year (three months up here;)). I can't say anything about durability but know a guy with a print shop so vinyl lettering is cheap. View attachment 28876
You win the prize for being the first boat in the water! I like the idea of putting the registration numbers/letters on the skirt.

:D That would be impressive! I didn't get them on until mid-summer so only have three months of use / abuse after the letters went on. That was the only pic (October) I have with the registration numbers. Not sure about Michigan but it's sunny and 80 here in MN today...;)
Definitely shorts and tee shirt weather today :)

Back