Registration Numbers Plate-Source?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Can anyone here comment on sources for a nice plate that you have used to attach boat registration numbers and annual decals to?

Is it legal in most states to attach the plate to the skirt just below the deck?

Thank you.

I like this. Does anyone have a pic of this on their boat? Is it legal to put it on the skirt just below the rubrail?

Mine is on the skirt below the rub rail like may others here in the Keystone state (Pennsylvania).  Some states may have stricter requirements.

Our dealer put our registration numbers on a white plastic panel just below the deck on the filler panel.  The panel comes in white or black and is a roughly 1/8" thick plastic material that the numbers stick to very well.  Some like it this way while others prefer the numbers to be installed directly on the playpen panels.

Docked at Micky D's last summer....with the glare of the sun off the water the plastic panel is a bit hard to see

DSC01634_zps267ad71d.jpg

How have you guys attached the plate to the skirt?

I'll have to look at it for a few days before I decide, I'm not sure yet.  Thanks for the pics, it will really help my decisiion process.

Mine is attached with 4 small screws around the outside of the plastic panel.  The look is not for everybody but it works fine for us as I really didn't want the standard mailbox numbers stick to the playpen siding of our new boat.  Yes I do have a vinyl cutter and could have made some very nice looking vinyl numbers/letters for the side panels but this was easier and if the numbers fade or peel I can remove the plastic panel and either replace the numbers or just get a new panel and re-attach it to the skirting.

I put domed letters on mine to match the Bennington logos and they look great, I don't have any pics on this computer, but I bet you'll find some in the gallery.

I've got a set of domed letters too but haven't put them on yet. I'm waiting for the dealership to order a replacement panel since the one they put on my boat to repair my damaged panels were also dented just not as bad. <_<   The longer I've been waiting to get the replacements in, the more I'm thinking of putting the registration numbers and decals on in more of a non-permanent way, especially since I'm thinking of moving out of state later this year and may have to change out my numbers again when I get to where I'm going. 

Another question is, does anyone have a picture of the domed (chrome letters) on the light colored panel like in my signature. I like the way and location Jack M. has his mounted, I just don't know how it will look with chrome on a lighter colored panel. 

JimmyC

Here is what mine look like on the lower part of the panel.

8912d6327890ad21e972e3b33d912e1d_zpseibxoxww.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Clrd! That's where I put the last set of numbers and they looked good I was just thinking of putting them in the same place that Jack M. has his.

If I didn't already have the chrome domed letters on hand I'd look at some of the reflective colored letters. They're pretty sweet looking! 

I put mine the same location Jack did. Makes it very easy to center.

Back