Removable Bow gate seat...do you use it?

Ours looks really good in the boat barn on the shelf. Was not a good decision for us. Would love to find it a new home!!!!

I just bought a bow seat from a member here and there is another member still looking for one. I had been in contact with him so I just sent him a message about your post.

We use our's but we also have four entry points (actually three that are usable). It is rather bulky to be constantly moving around but depending on how many are aboard, we'll either have it in the bow for U-shaped seating or place it in front of the helm. We can board from three sides at our slip so we have more flexibility than others might have.

Thanks sunedog! I would be open to letting it go to someone who might use it. I don’t see us ever needing it. I will get some photos of it when I get back to the lake house. I will have to dust it off:))

Hi everyone. We have a 2015 22 ft 2250GP. We are looking for a bow gate seat to buy. This is my first post here so I am still trying to navigate and learn from here. Thanks

We have a bow gate seat in our boat. Keep it on the port side. Rarely does anyone sit there. WE mostly use it to put our cooler on it

we do. we move it to the port side to make a complete bench seat for the wife and the dogs

Question for you guys with the seat. And I don't mean to thread hijack here. Every time I slam the throttle to pull tubes, ect, seat slides backwards into the middle of the isle/walkway away from the front gate. How do you stop the seat from moving backwards? Mine ends up blowing back at me at w.o.t. ~ 45mph too just cruising around when I hit a few waves. Sooooooooooooo annoying.

Question for you guys with the seat. And I don't mean to thread hijack here. Every time I slam the throttle to pull tubes, ect, seat slides backwards into the middle of the isle/walkway away from the front gate. How do you stop the seat from moving backwards? Mine ends up blowing back at me at w.o.t. ~ 45mph too just cruising around when I hit a few waves. Sooooooooooooo annoying.
Do a search in the upper right hand corner of the forum pages. This topic has been brought up almost every season the past few years. It’s a bit of an announce for many, but it is also not an issue on all model lines.

There are a few different suggestions and remedies that different members have implemented over time. Mine is the seat moved to our guest room, and has remained there for about 3 years now since it was almost never used anyway. ;)

However, there are others that have implemented some DIY solutions so as to keep the bow seat in place when used on the boat.

We had one on our 2014 RCW ,my wife put it at the port side gate and used it as a foot rest . We did not order one on our 2020 .

I put rubber "feet" on ours to slightly raise it off the floor to help reduce the chance of molding underneath the seat. While we usually have ours located in front of the helm, on occasion we do place it in front of the bow gate without experiencing what you have. We do store our extra towels in it so maybe the additional weight (can't really imagine it's all that much) plays a role in keeping it from tipping over. Ours is a fairly tight fit.

In the beginning stages of purchasing a 22 S series Bennington. Do you use the extra bow gate seat? Can you move it to the side of the boat if you want to use the front gate without it getting in the way?
I know on the 26L with 2 captain chairs it fits in the Bow gate, Stern Gate, Side Gate, and behind the 2nd captain chair to create a small L couch out of the Swingback.

So I have to retract my earlier post. As our family has expanded, we have started to use our bow seat. It lives in the port side door and is a welcome addition. Guess our initial thoughts on its initial purchase was correct. Great storage and a welcome seat under the Bimin.

I have had it on my last three boats because we use it. I will also concede the fact that from a appearance standpoint that it completes the bow look. But at $800 net,if you are not sure yet price it into your deal as an option and tell your ordering dealer that you are going to wait a season and let him know. They sell them as add on routinely.
This is true, but you will have to pay for shipping. If ordered with pontoon there is no shipping cost.

I love ours. Keep it up front, and love the way it completes the wraparound setting makes the front area feel more connected. I would regret not having it.

Back