Remove center panel from aft door..

JIm_Andrea

Reaction score
Has anyone every tried doing this?  The door has the full tube frame with the panel insert and I would like to remove it to give the back of the boat a little more open look.  

I've never done anything like that, but I've looked at how they are pinched in to the rails before, and it seems to me you could use a wide metal putty knife to slightly bend back the flap.  Then you might be able to pop the panel out.

I would probably work from the outside of the gate instead of the inside where the rail tab that's holding it in is.  That way if it doesn't bend like you hope, any scratches you make will be tucked up under the rail on the outside of the door.  Start at the top of the door, not the bottom.

Curious how this goes for you.  My side door has a slight dent now from a cooler, and curious if the panel is hard to replace or not.  My dent isn't bad enough to replace it, but it will more than likely get more in it over time.

The tabs on mine or on the inside not outside. The tubes are visible from the outside. The way you described removing it was my initial thought as well. I've even thought of just removing the door all together and using a chain for safety.

Back