Replacement Anchor Light

Bodey

Reaction score
Greetings. New to the forum so will start by indicating I attempted to use the search function but didn’t find a response that fit. Thought I’d ask the forum who seem to have a number of knowledgeable/experienced owners.

I bought my first boat recently; a 2012 Bennington 2075GL (195 hours) with Merc 90 HP. Have had a lot of fun so far. Only issue to date is the broken bimini mounted folding anchor/stern light (1 1/4” rail). Both the pole and globe light assembly are not repairable.

When looking at replacement folding lights horizontal mount assemblies (Perko, Attwood). it appears the spacing between mounting screws doesn’t match the original Perko light that came with the boat which is 1 5/8”. Any recommendations on replacement? Will drilling one new hole to fit the new mounting template and use one existing hole work?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Bodey. Welcome to the Club. Thankfully, I have not experienced that. But could you post some pics of the mount or base that remains (or just the bimini frame where it used to be if that is all there is) so that we can get a visual of the problem? Thanks!

Appreciate the response. Attached is the only pic I have close by. Mounting holes are 1 5/8” apart.
Current mount is on Bimini rail facing the rear of boat.

Attachments

• 8D64AACC-BBC0-45F2-B9C1-96B572129388.jpeg
    8D64AACC-BBC0-45F2-B9C1-96B572129388.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 84
Drilling another hole might work for using the entire replacement assembly. But are the existing bracket and pivot still OK? They appear to be in the pic. If so, could you somehow connect just the replacement tube and light socket to them? Is there a set screw connecting the tube to the pivot assembly? Because if the tubes are the same diameter, that might be an option that would allow you to keep the original mount and pivot.

Appreciate the response. Attached is the only pic I have close by. Mounting holes are 1 5/8” apart.
Current mount is on Bimini rail facing the rear of boat.
Here is a link to the replacement mount I bought for mine on Amazon. You would have to buy the light post separately, but I'm sure Perko sells a few that fit. Also, below is a link to this product on Perko's website. One of the answers to questions about this item on Amazon states the hole spacing is 1 5/8.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000199JA2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps!

Thanks all for the help. My existing mount is fine so will work through tube and light assembly options. I’ve located a replacement tube so can get by on the economy plan vs the Bennington dealer’s suggestion of an OEM replacement for $140.

Mike - Love the dog pic. Our new golden retriever is a lake junky.

Thanks all for the help. My existing mount is fine so will work through tube and light assembly options. I’ve located a replacement tube so can get by on the economy plan vs the Bennington dealer’s suggestion of an OEM replacement for $140.

Where did you find the replacement tube? Thanks

I was going to cut down the existing tube but the mounting end where the light connected to the tube was damaged. Another option was to buy an aluminum tube from a hardware store but (again) mounting end was damaged so that option was out. I ended up buying an inexpensive Sea Dog fold down stern light. The pivot assembly was the same size as the original Bennington mount so Simply swapped out of lights.

Back