Replacement Bimini

Fltcrew

Reaction score
So here is the situation. I paid a UShip person to move my new (to me) 2014 2550 RCL from NJ to TN.

This is a very long story but the issue I am faced with is that the Bimini didn't make it. And I mean not a single shred of it. The PO packed the boat very carefully put the top in the transport position and installed the boot.

20 hours with a UShip monkey and it arrived completely gone.

Yes I could do this and that but the bottom line is I didn't notice until he was paid and gone.

Do you have to buy these through a dealer or can you get them online? It is a single oval power Bimini in black.

This is what it looked like before it was shipped and before it was stored for travel.

upload_2019-8-10_23-25-46.jpeg

Sorry, dealer only for oem. You MIGHT find something with greatlakesskipper.com

If you just need the fabric it may be best to email tumac which probably made the top.
Not sure if the dealer jacks up the price or not but if it is a Tumac they will sell directly to you.

If you just need the fabric it may be best to email tumac which probably made the top.
Not sure if the dealer jacks up the price or not but if it is a Tumac they will sell directly to you.

Thank you, I will see about that!

Did some good with the Tumac people. Sent them a message through their website and got a reply in a few hours. The took my Hull ID, checked with Bennington and got back with a price for my replacement. I'm sure it saved something from going through a dealer. Appreciate the help and suggestion.

Glad to help. They were quick to respond to me when I contacted them.

Is the frame gone too or just the fabric?

Is the frame gone too or just the fabric?
Just the fabric. The frame is unharmed and I tested the electric motor and it operates properly and silently.... just not much shade with just the frame! :0)

Update, Tumac ended up being nothing but a distraction. They got the info from Bennington and quoted me $7xx plus shipping. I called back with my CC and shipping info yesterday. Just got an email today (24 hours later) that they don't have the pattern and I have to go through a dealer after all.

That is a bunch of bs. I didn’t order from them but didn’t act like it would be an issue if I decided to. Probably have to do something this winter due to my tops getting thin. Thank you for letting us know.

That is a bunch of bs. I didn’t order from them but didn’t act like it would be an issue if I decided to. Probably have to do something this winter due to my tops getting thin. Thank you for letting us know.
When I called the closest dealer, I told him they referred to it as an "Electric Power Top Curved" and he said "That's why". I have no idea why that would matter or why he knew that but now I am waiting for a call back from him.

3-4 weeks seems to be the lead time for covers and biminis. Apparently very few are kept in stock.

That is what I had to wait to get the frame. So many variations And colors in kind of surprised it isn’t longer. I know you boat on pickwick but what dealer are you using. Max at leader marine in Dickson has been good to work with.

Paul Seaton in Counce, TN is who I called. They are over an hour away so I had to call. I have not been impressed at ALL so far. I can't believe how unprofessional people are these days. Not just kids either. I had to spell my namer 4 times to him yesterday. I gave him the hull ID and told him what I had. Offered to send a picture but he said it was not necessary.

I called this morning to see what Bennington said in terms of price and time frame. HE ORDERED A FRONT Bimini and I don't even have one!

Said he would call and change it but 100% in 3-4 weeks it will be wrong. No chance it is right but my wife says I talk down to people so I was on my best behavior. I am going against my best judgment but I know it will be a disappointing waste of time.

Followed Dgj's advice and called Leader Marine and talked to Max. All I can say is wow, what a difference the dealer makes.

Max was on it and it showed. I very nicely let the other dealer know I was working elsewhere and no not order anything for me.

Max told me the reason Tumac didn't have the pattern is that he found out they didn't make my cover. I believe he said a company called Veada made it... the same company that made my seats.

Just another name to throw out there for anyone going through this.

BTW $850 plus shipping and tax for my black curved electric Bimini fabric through Bennington. About what I expected but looking at 4 weeks to ship. :0(

Leader was the 3rd marina I spoke to and by far the best to talk to as far as parts go.
I have not had any other dealings with them.

Did you check with a local canvas upholstery shop? They could probably do something quicker and possibly cheaper?

Back