Replacement for Garmin Striker 4

Norman

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new Bennington. It has a Garmin Striker-4 mounted in-dash. I don't like this unit, and am wondering if anyone has swapped it out for another, which would fit into same dash opening? I realize it would have to be small, which is ok. But I'd prefer to install in same opening , vs adding something with a pedestal mount.
Thanks in advance.

Heard back from Bennington - they said I'd have to order a new dash thru dealer. That's not happening!!

What model boat? Mine used a trim piece that mounted to my helm. I have a G model.

Where is yours mounted? Straight ahead between gauges or down to rh side of wheel?

Whats your main usage need? Depth/speed/charting or fish finder?

Where is yours mounted? Straight ahead between gauges or down to rh side of wheel?

Whats your main usage need? Depth/speed/charting or fish finder?

Dead center of dash. Use mostly for depth/speed/charting (trails so I can find my way back!).

I think you would just need a new trim cover for that area. You need to look up behind and see how much cutout is in the actual helm. I went from none to a GO5 on bottom right of my helm. Dealer purchased a trim piece that fit the GO5 but I had to trim the fiberglass opening a little to fit the unit in. You’d have to find out what models your old/new trim piece is designed for.
probably GO5 or GO7

Dead center of dash. Use mostly for depth/speed/charting (trails so I can find my way back!).
I just threw down on a 2020 SSRX, with the Garmin "In-Dash Display". Does yours have maps, or is it just a white screen? I cannot find any information on what they are using for Garmins.

No maps. You can leave trails, but it doesn't let you know "where you are". I ended up leaving the Garmin, and adding a Humminbird which we mounted on the lower right of helm. It's not ideal, but at least I know where I am. And now have double depth, speed, and water temp. If I was a fisherman, I would have double fishfinders as well.

I really don't understand why Bennington doesn't put a better unit in these $50K boats. That Garmin is a $99 item.

No maps. You can leave trails, but it doesn't let you know "where you are". I ended up leaving the Garmin, and adding a Humminbird which we mounted on the lower right of helm. It's not ideal, but at least I know where I am. And now have double depth, speed, and water temp. If I was a fisherman, I would have double fishfinders as well.

I really don't understand why Bennington doesn't put a better unit in these $50K boats. That Garmin is a $99 item.

They do put better units on them, but like everything in life, they are an option YOU need to select. You bought a bought with the starter depth finder instead of a better optioned unit. I don’t have that unit, but some on here have said it meets their needs. Thus, I think like many options, they have a few units you can chose to cater to a range of customers.

on my last bennington, i removed the broken fish finder, in those days they used hummongbird, but i had a hole in the dash, so I went to Home Depot and found some really nice round moulding, cut it to size, glued another square moulding with mitered edge and it looked like it came with the boat. i then mounted an aftermarket fish finder to that.

Back