Replacement Panel

JPL

Reaction score
I recently got a dent in the fence panel of my brand new 22 SCXWP. To my surprise, one must buy the entire panel with the railings. I can't believe they will not sell just the replacement panel! I was told you can't bend the tabs back to get the panel out without breaking them. Well I am here to tell you, this can be done, as I tried it, with no issue. I can't fathom why we can't just loosen the bend up a little, and just slide the new panel in as I was able to move my panel. The thing that really bugs me is why would we want to throw away a perfectly good fence panel. This makes no sense at all and above all is not environmentaly friendly.

Yup it was going to cost me $2000-$3000 to replace a wrap around panel. For me it was a lot more involved. The furniture had to be removed and the entire panel and railings replaced then the furniture reinstalled. Also I was told that those panels come plain so it would have to be painted then the decals/graphics would have to matched........

Is the dent in an area where you could get behind it and push it out?!?

I recently got a dent in the fence panel of my brand new 22 SCXWP. To my surprise, one must buy the entire panel with the railings. I can't believe they will not sell just the replacement panel! I was told you can't bend the tabs back to get the panel out without breaking them. Well I am here to tell you, this can be done, as I tried it, with no issue. I can't fathom why we can't just loosen the bend up a little, and just slide the new panel in as I was able to move my panel. The thing that really bugs me is why would we want to throw away a perfectly good fence panel. This makes no sense at all and above all is not environmentaly friendly.

Isn't there something (strip of foam or gasket type material) attached to the panel to keep them from rattling around while underway? I would think that if there is then that might be a hindrance to sliding 14' of panel smoothly. I've never tried though, and I never will I guess.

Back