Replacement radio

Fltcrew

Reaction score
Pleased with the speakers and sound (adequate not awesome) of the factory speakers and Sony stereo in my '14 R25 but I would like to use my Sirius account on the boat because FM is horrible in a lot of boating locations and a lot of times.... cell signal sucks too (for streaming).

I do have 400 songs on my iPhone and I use that through the USB cable but I want to go the Sirius route.

Can anyone chime in with a good replacement Satellite radio replacement? The simpler the better.

I have a Sirius portable that will play using the FM frequency

I’d check Crutchfield and sort by customer rating.

what radio model is in there now? I have a Sony thats Sirius/xm ready that probably uses the same wire harness, so a swap would be pretty easy, no messing with wires. all that would be needed is the XM tuner which is $25 on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
what radio model is in there now? I have a Sony thats Sirius/xm ready that probably uses the same wire harness, so a swap would be pretty easy, no messing with wires. all that would be needed is the XM tuner which is $25 on ebay.
IDK what the model is. I'll look the next time I have the cover off. Do you know what model yours is and are you using yours with XM now?

Back