Replacing Outboard Oil Seals

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
I did a search on all forums using the keywords shown in Title and found ZERO listings!!! Have To Say I Am Shocked. I have a 2014 Bennington SL21 with a Yeasu 90hp 4 stroke engine unfortunately I tried to take the boat out today only the 5th time this season and after starting engine we I heard a high pitch siren whistle warning noise. I thought perhaps it was the impeller but I noticed there was oil dripping from the engine. I turned the motor off and raised the engine thinking the motor was hit by someone while docked, unfortunately as I raised engine the leaking increased significantly. I lowered motor and leaking came to a stop with engine off. After doing some research I feel the Oil Seals may be the problem. Strange thing is engine only has 145 hours on it. Is it normal that this needs to be changed so soon and should I contact Yamaha once I take it to new dealer as I no longer use the original dealer.
THOUGHTS ??

GetFile.aspx

Will post what The Dealer has to say , once he picks up Benny

Last edited:
Here's hoping
According to the research I did it is not too expensive to repair , but dealership will let us know for sure
I will call Yamaha to ask about warranty as well
Thank you Carl
Timing is everything (lol)
Labor Day Weekend is here
Once he has the boat he will just fix what needs fix and then we'll have him winterize
No sense in coming back here to only take it back again
It's 120 miles one way and I dont tow
So it gets costly with the round trips
145 hours surprising
13be19b06af9759e654a77c000a88409.jpg

Last edited:
You should see if they will also cover the tow.

Back