Replacing rail on 2011 24SLi

ArtJ

Reaction score
Rail fastened to deck with 1/4 - 20 Philips head bolts and nylon insert lock nuts. Bolt heads not accessible because of seat, any suggestions on how to install/ tighten those lock nuts without removing seat? Thanks

Rail fastened to deck with 1/4 - 20 Philips head bolts and nylon insert lock nuts. Bolt heads not accessible because of seat, any suggestions on how to install/ tighten those lock nuts without removing seat? Thanks

I would think you’d need to remove the seats if you need to tighten them all down.

I’m confused as to why the heads are not accessible due to “seat”? Do you mean the “helm”? The “seat” shouldn’t block anything along the rail??? If you mean you just cant quite squeeze in the area at the seat, if your seat swivels, it should just slide up of the seat post when you unlock it.

I’m confused as to why the heads are not accessible due to “seat”? Do you mean the “helm”? The “seat” shouldn’t block anything along the rail??? If you mean you just cant quite squeeze in the area at the seat, if your seat swivels, it should just slide up of the seat post when you unlock it.
Sorry for confusion. Forward starboard rail is attached to deck with 5 bolts, one on each end is accessible....3 remaining are sandwiched between paneling and forward seating. Thinking of using 3 1/2 inch stainless steel u bolts and cutting one leg to 1 inch...this would hit side of railing and allow other 3 1/2 inch leg to be used to fasten rail to deck without spinning. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Remove the seat. It’s only like 6-8 screws. It’s much easier...

Back