Replacing Tachometer With Lowrance LMF-400 Gauge?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
I want to install a Lowrance LMF-400 gauge in my 2015 2275 GCW raised helm panel so I can see my Yamaha F150 engine operating data from my already installed NMEA 2000 network.

Right now replacing the tachometer with the LMF-400 looks like my best option space and location wise. The LMF-400 will display tachometer readings and engine hours, in addition to the other Yamaha engine operating data, so I wouldn't be giving up any gauge functions with the swap. There is no other good location for the LMF- 400.

Can anyone here who has installed a LMF-400 on their boat comment on this gauge swap?

The  LM F-400 requires a 3 3/8" (86 mm) hole cut out, it looks like the Bennington tachometer might be the same size, can anyone confirm this?

If you did this swap did you have any difficulties with the LMF-400 wiring?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you end up doing this swap? Looking at doing the same thing on my 2013 2375GCW with an F150 in lieu of replacing my Garmin 431s. If so, how does it work?

I did install the Lowrance LMF-400 but on the lower right side of the panel where a depth finder would usually go. Electronically everything worked good. But I am not happy with the LMF-400 gauge display because it gets washed out by sunlight to the point of being useless. I would not buy a LMF-400 again and can't recommend it because of that.

I had a Garmin GPS MAP 535s from another boat that I kept after I sold it. It displays NEMA 2000 data in color. I installed it on a RAM Ball Mount placed in the right hand dash board tray. No complaints at all with this unit. It is more expensive but very useful in many ways. Maybe you could find one on ebay...

Last edited:
Back