Replacing the front door due to trolling motor mount

John Shadow

Reaction score
I have a 22 GSR with the standard full length front door. I'm going to install a Minn Kota Terova with iPilot and I don't want to leave the front door open all of the time. Can I order a half length door from a fishing model Bennington to replace my door with?

One member mounted the motor on the side of the front deck and it lays across the deck. Ours is mounted on the center line when we fish in Canada. I have to wait until we launch the boat to mount it. We just leave it vertical all week and never have a problem. Then it has to come off to trailer the boat. The side mount solves lots of problems.

Yes, I ordered one from my dealer, but have not installed it yet
Did have a catalog he found it in? I've been looking online and can't find anyway to order it myself or to identify it so I can tell a dealer specifically what I want.

I had just bought my boat last fall. The dealer all ready knew what I needed as far as color etc. I could not find them online either.

Dealer ordered mine when I added the trolling motor.

This is how I did mine so i was able to keep the front deck open. I am not sure though if that would be possible on your model.

Last edited:
Did have a catalog he found it in? I've been looking online and can't find anyway to order it myself or to identify it so I can tell a dealer specifically what I want.

Dealer only item. Just tell them you want a trolling motor bow door for your model.

This is how I did mine so i was able to keep the front deck open. I am not sure though if that would be possible on your model.
I am certain I can mount mine like that, I like the way you mounted it. Do you think there is any less ability to control direction mounted on the side instead of the middle? Are you happy with how it handles when fishing? Do you have a picture of it in the stowed position? I am wondering how far it hangs over the edge of the boat when stowed. Thanks for answering!

Last edited:
It hangs over the side but if you have a quick release you can take it off while traveling. I leave mine like it is and have had no trouble with it. As far as maneuvering it seems to do pretty good although I have never had it in the middle so I have nothing to compare it to. I get around object rather easily and have not had an issue so far.

Back