Repowering with a 225?

Heidi

Reaction score
I have a 22ft Tritoon with Yamaha 175 hp. Was wondering if I could repower to a Yamaha 225 or 250?

I have a 22ft Tritoon with Yamaha 175 hp. Was wondering if I could repower to a Yamaha 225 or 250?

Not sure if you are checking if the actual motor can be ECM reflashed to put out more HP OR if you are curious what the maximum HP capacity of your boat might be.

IF curious about the boat’s maximum capacity, there should be a capacity plate somewhere near the helm. That should tell you what the maximum HP capacity the boat is engineered to handle. That is what I would look at.

Also, if you have the year and model of your boat, often some on these forums will know what the maximum HP rating for that particular boat might be.

IF you are checking to see if your particular Yamaha can be ECM reflashed to put out more HP, I will leave that one to the Yamaha experts on the forum. Good luck getting your answers.

Thanks for the information. What does ECM reflashed mean?

The computer module (brain) is reprogrammed to provide more power.

There should be a capacity tag next to the captains chair .It will have the max HP listed .
Other issue is manual/digital controls . I found that out when I tried to upgrade mine .
If the capacity tag is missing ,you can contact Bennington with your hull ID and they can provide the information

Back