RGB LED lights - red does not work

Chris A

Reaction score
On our new 2019 RSB, the RGB LED lights are having an issue where the red does not work at all. Any combination of colors that needs red is not showing correctly. The button on the dash that turns the RGB lights on shows red as the colors are cycled, but the actual color emanating from the speakers, cup holders, side lights, and underwater lights are not red. If red is selected, they show as white. Blue and green and yellow, etc seem to work but not any color that needs red. My dealer has ordered a new controller already and will swap it out as soon as it arrives. Possibly related - when either the side lighting or underwater lights (but not mood lights) are turned on, I get a buzz in my stereo speakers. Anyone else have these issues?

Your best bet is Talk to your dealer as their is a wiring problem. Probably not major, but you’re under warranty.

Never had that issue with red. It cycles through all colors fine. Also, NEVER had any cross over buzzing sound in speaker for any reason, let alone RGB lights. Getting close to the end of our 3rd summer with it. Somethings off, so I’d certainly be talking to the dealer about it.

None of those issues and this is our 3rd summer with this boat.

I am having the same exact issue. They worked fine the first 2 months but are not now. Just got boat in April. They are performing just like yours.
I'll report back after the dealer fixes it. Let me know what you find out as well please. Luckily, I'm 5 minutes away from the Bennington dealer by car and 30 minutes by boat.

Last edited:
I have the RGB cup holder lighting, no issues with it. The dealer will get it working correctly.

On our new 2019 RSB, the RGB LED lights are having an issue where the red does not work at all. Any combination of colors that needs red is not showing correctly. The button on the dash that turns the RGB lights on shows red as the colors are cycled, but the actual color emanating from the speakers, cup holders, side lights, and underwater lights are not red. If red is selected, they show as white. Blue and green and yellow, etc seem to work but not any color that needs red. My dealer has ordered a new controller already and will swap it out as soon as it arrives. Possibly related - when either the side lighting or underwater lights (but not mood lights) are turned on, I get a buzz in my stereo speakers. Anyone else have these issues?

I talked to my dealer. He said they have seen at least 3 2019 boats with this issue so far. Last year, there was an issue with navigation lights...this year, he says, it's the LED lights. I take it in next week for them to fix it.

Update on the LED lights on my 2019 RSB...The red actually worked last night but only for a little while. Then it changed over to white. I could get it to work sometimes, but then it would always change back to white or yellow. Also, the buzzing in the speakers is directly related to the LED lights, and when I would change colors, the static would increase/decrease. The color white was the loudest. Any ideas? Just curious. I'm taking my boat in next week for them to swap out the controller. Seems like a wiring issue or bad controller.

The dealer swapped out the controller, and the lights work now. Hopefully they will continue to work. There is still a slight buzz in the speakers with the exterior lights and underwater lights on.

Back