RGB Side Illumination 2017 Q23 SW

Blueeyes

Reaction score
Hello, Iv'e searched the forums to see if i Could find anything on this with no luck. I have a 2017 Q23 SW and put the RGB lighting for the speakers, cup holders, and it also illuminates under the swing back. My question is: I would like to add the side illumination for the pontoons. I looked under the boat and it looks like the "plug and play" may already be on the wiring harness. Does anyone know if a can just order the side lights and install them myself and if so would you know the part number? My hope is it already hooked up to my RGB controller. Thx,

P.S. If this is not the correct forum to post this please let me know...

Attachments

• Q23SW build.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 46
I can’t answer that sorry. But I bet your dealer service department can. Give them a try.

I’d hit the dealer up for the factory lights if the plugs are already there. That’s probably the easiest even if they’re a tick more money.

That’s no good!!

They didn’t know? Yikes. If memory serves me right, I believe someone else posted that if you have the RGB set up that the hook ups for the side illumination are pre-installed because it part of the wiring set up (again, someone can correct me if I am wrong here). Seems it would be plug and play. Do you have a default toggle switch on your helm for side lights already? I only ask because that would be the other part of the equation. On my 2017 with the “whole light show” set up :D , including the side illumination lights, those ones are on a separate toggle switch from all my interior RGB lights. That said, I also am on an S-series, not a Q-series like you...

Last edited:
They didn’t know? Yikes. If memory serves me right, I believe someone else posted that if you have the RGB set up that the hook ups for the side illumination are pre-installed because it part of the wiring set up (again, someone can correct me if I am wrong here). Seems it would be plug and play. Do you have a default toggle switch on your helm for side lights already? I only ask because that would be the other part of the equation. On my 2017 with the “whole light show” set up :D , including the side illumination lights, those ones are on a separate toggle switch from all my interior RGB lights. That said, I also am on an S-series, not a Q-series like you...

It works the same on a R series.

I bought these on Amazon. My last tritoon had similar ones that were non RGB (red only). They stuck well for 4 seasons. I had to buy a cheap power supply dimmer switch. That's it. The RGB ones were a little bit more to install. I used an unused accessory switch on the dash for power, ran lines under the boat to the back of the boat where the batteries are. I cut the wires after the 120v transformer and just ran 12v directly to the lights, since they are 12v.... On the 22SSBXP the rails have a perfect "down facing" surface that you can stick the lights to carefully that is just the right width for a 10mm strip light. These particular lights have multiple features that you can control from a phone app via bluetooth or just push the buttons of the 2 controllers that i mounted under the rear swing back seat to keep out of the weather (the lights are waterproof, im sure the controllers arent). I will probably have them in music mode most of the time (the lights react to the sound of the music through the mic in the controllers) and this will just come on when i hit the acc switch on the dash. Hope this helps. BTW I paid $66 for 2 sets of 16.5' RGB strips with controllers. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798NG8KJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Update, I was able to find the OEM part # and ordered them from my dealer. My ask is if anyone here has a Q with them from the factory could you please send some picks of were they are installed on your boat. Would prefer a 2017 as it looks like they changed the design and placement in 2018. Thx in advance.

Update, I was able to find the OEM part # and ordered them from my dealer. My ask is if anyone here has a Q with them from the factory could you please send some picks of were they are installed on your boat. Would prefer a 2017 as it looks like they changed the design and placement in 2018. Thx in advance.

I am working on the same issue for 2017 22GSR, i have the ITC controller but only for speakers and cup holders, i am trying to find ones for the pontoons. not sure if i need to wire them in or if the boat is pre-wired for the pontoon lights, any advice would be appreciated

How did you find the OEM part#

I recently purchased a 2017 QSB and am thinking of doing the same. I also have the RGB speakers and would like to add on on the cup holders, swingback and pontoons. Are the speakers a separate lighting system on this? Or could I possibly "plug and play" the rest? Pics are helpful!

I’m exploring some options. I have the ITC controller for 4 zones (speakers, floor LEDs). I want to run led deck lights. The ITC controller has unused RGB wires. I’m thinking of tapping into these wires and using power from an accessory switch. This way I could control (on/off) my deck lights and floor lights independently. In theory, I believe this should work. I’ll be able to control all my led colors from my ITC controller.

I recently purchased a 2017 QSB and am thinking of doing the same. I also have the RGB speakers and would like to add on on the cup holders, swingback and pontoons. Are the speakers a separate lighting system on this? Or could I possibly "plug and play" the rest? Pics are helpful!
Dealer today told me he “thought” the speakers were a separate circuit from the floor lighting. In other words, you couldn’t tap into a speaker and run a new lighting strip.

But clearly there is RGB control voltage and 12v going to the speaker so I don’t know why you couldn’t splice into it??

Back