Riding the waves of Lake Michigan -- Frankfort

Ben & Suzy

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite pics of our Bennington tritoon with Suzuki power. We were just getting out beyond the piers to the big water. The camera didn't really capture it, but those are some pretty big rolling waves out there. There were a few 3-5 footers. My wife (in pink) and mother-in-law were a bit nervous, but the kids were having a blast!! We didn't venture far.

23h8tc4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you are headed south from the pierhead. You are in my neighborhood. Were you visting or are you from Frankfort?

I took delivery of my boat this past weekend, but the wind and cold kept me off the water.

Please provide deatails of your location.

Randy

This is one of my favorite pics of our Bennington tritoon with Suzuki power. We were just getting out beyond the piers to the big water. The camera didn't really capture it, but those are some pretty big rolling waves out there. There were a few 3-5 footers. My wife (in pink) and mother-in-law were a bit nervous, but the kids were having a blast!! We didn't venture far.

23h8tc4.jpg

Sweet.

I dream of someday having a chance to 'Toon one of the great lakes.

But personally, I would NEVER get out of site of shore unless I had a tri-toon and at LEAST 250HP, preferably more.

Those aren't really lakes, they are Inland Seas. I would consider the ability to maintain a 35mph pace in running away from weather to be an entry point. Personally, I think a 25-28 foot R or L with ESP and the 350hp Yamaha to be a wise choice when leaving the sight of land on ANY genuine sea.

Back