Road trip with a pot of gold at the end...

I'm curious how an S runs with a 250!! I think this might be the first that we've seen on here.

Bork, in the first photo, on the bow bumper strip, are those two chrome(?) pieces intended to protect the bumper from the trailer pads? If so, I need to get some!

Bork, in the first photo, on the bow bumper strip, are those two chrome(?) pieces intended to protect the bumper from the trailer pads? If so, I need to get some!
Hmm, I wonder if I still have mine. Never did install them. I'll try to take a look. Pretty sure they are called rub rail protectors.

If I can find mine I can send them to you. I’m sure you could easily get a set. They came packaged on the boat and dealer installed. Yes they are the rub rail protectors

I think there was a thread on these a year or two ago...

I remember wanting them, but never got any, so guessing they were at least $40/pair, because I would have a hard time paying that much for two small chunks of metal.

I think it was Jared that put pads on his bunk stops instead (and not on the boat rub rail) and used a $2 chunk of radiator hose or something like that.

Ha! Never saw chrome rub rail protectors. So those chrome strips are protecting the HEAVY DUTY rub rail from what? The carpeted backstop on the trailer??? Funny! Keep those pics coming Bork!!!

Yeah, it does seem strange to put a protector on a protector. But the last time I loaded her on the trailer, admittedly with some power assist, I saw that the bumper pads had compressed the protector quite a bit. Since we will trailer 100% of the time, I find myself wondering if it might be cheaper to replace these guards than a whole rub rail. I just haven't done this enough to know...

Yeah, the rail gets beat up a little trailering. I'll get over it and have $40 for a few beers.

I lost a snap due to the bunk stops rubbing on it. And the mooring cover is more difficult to put on the wider the contact patch between the bunk stop and the rub rail, which is a 2x6 on my trailer. These smaller rub rail protectors would seem to fix those problems. The carpet on the bunk stop didn't hurt the rub rail, it was snap and mooring cover problems that it fixed. At least for me, those were the reasons I wanted them. Not to protect the rub rail.

I remember wanting them, but never got any, so guessing they were at least $40/pair, because I would have a hard time paying that much for two small chunks of metal.

I think it was Jared that put pads on his bunk stops instead (and not on the boat rub rail) and used a $2 chunk of radiator hose or something like that.

I think you're referring to Derrick...and I'll take that as a compliment. Below is the thread.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/heavy-duty-rub-rail.2345/#post-22011

Man I’m jealous!! I’m staring down a double nor’easter right now, that beach is looking awesome!!

Great pics and it looks like everyone is having fun. Did that storm in the distance find you?

I think you're referring to Derrick...and I'll take that as a compliment. Below is the thread.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/heavy-duty-rub-rail.2345/#post-22011

Thanks Jared, yes it was me, I didn't see the pics in that thread so I'll repost them. Nothing fancy, but it did work I suppose!

P1030276.JPG P1030277.JPG P1030278.JPG

Although I will say that we have gotten off topic of the great travels of Bork, sorry for my addition to that!

I should add that all the damage to the bunk stops was there from BEFORE I did the alteration.

Last edited:
Storm just skirted us. We got wind and a bit of rain. North of is got hit harder.

@BulldogsCadillac ... don’t worry I don’t care at all. In fact I learned a ton on this site and many of those things were sidebars on other threads.

For the PTM edge it’s a great product however I lost the thumb nut (in the water) that holds it to the base. Anyone have an email for them I can get another one.

Man I’m jealous!! I’m staring down a double nor’easter right now, that beach is looking awesome!!

Yeah, first day of spring and we get a foot of snow ..... :mad:

A0284579-C85F-44BB-AC20-6E26567C0E1A.jpeg Storm hit us over here but not bad.

Storm just skirted us. We got wind and a bit of rain. North of is got hit harder.

@BulldogsCadillac ... don’t worry I don’t care at all. In fact I learned a ton on this site and many of those things were sidebars on other threads.

For the PTM edge it’s a great product however I lost the thumb nut (in the water) that holds it to the base. Anyone have an email for them I can get another one.

Here ya go:
PTM Edge / Protomet Corporation
1010 Larson Dr.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830

info@protomet.com
P: 865.425.0600

Back