Rub rail protector

Dgj

Reaction score
Does any one have a picture of there rub rail protector? I found a part # in the search but all the pictures were gone. We have a new baby boy arriving in May so we will trailer this year due to the not going much

If there are any good alternatives I’m open to them all so

Does any one have a picture of there rub rail protector? I found a part # in the search but all the pictures were gone. We have a new baby boy arriving in May so we will trailer this year due to the not going much

If there are any good alternatives I’m open to them all so
So are you saying that you need to replace your Rub Rail on your boat ?

No there is a protector that keeps the bump stops on the trailer from messing up the rub rail There was a discussion on it from 2014 but no
Pictures

No there is a protector that keeps the bump stops on the trailer from messing up the rub rail There was a discussion on it from 2014 but no
Pictures

Here's the info: Rail Protector Kit part #900461. You'll have to go to a Bennington dealer and order them.

It’s just a 4” wide piece of aluminum that bolts one the rail where the trailer meets the rail. If you trailer a lot I’d recommend them, ask me how I know! If your just in and out each season I wouldn’t worry about because they can be a pain to clean around.

Pictures
Pictures
Ok I will check it out Thanks!

I think you can zoom this pick in enough to see them. Those little brackets are the run rail protectors.

Attachments

• 02C50358-4A45-41A6-BAD4-F2FFF45E7828.jpeg
    02C50358-4A45-41A6-BAD4-F2FFF45E7828.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 115
Thank you for the reply. For some reason I had pictured a chrome piece

Dgj ....my trailers bump stop is carpeted so it won't do any damage to the rub rail.

Mine is to but it keeps 2 black spots on the rubber and is wearing on them some. I shouldn’t care but it annoys me after I spent hours with a magic eraser cleaning the rub tail off last year.

They also hold the front of the boat back just enough that you can snap and unsnap the cover without the cover being pinched by the stops.
Have them on both boats. A little pricey for 2 pieces but they do the job well.

Mine is to but it keeps 2 black spots on the rubber and is wearing on them some. I shouldn’t care but it annoys me after I spent hours with a magic eraser cleaning the rub tail off last year.
Use LA',s Totally Awesome cleaner from the Dollar store. Easily cleans it.

Last edited:
Good idea but for $95 you have to be kidding me! Any fab shop that works with aluminum could crank out a pair of them for less than $20. And that might be a high estimate.

They’re actually extruded aluminum and anodized just like the rub rail.

I just saw these at the dealer in Lake Havasu. I purchasing them because the rubber on my trailer stop is indenting/crushing the rubber on the boat rub rail.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 13
Back