Running a transducer cable on a model 2250

dmctruby

Reaction score
I purchased my boat from dealer stock. If I had it built I would have opted for a factory installed sonar.....but now I need to install myself. Any suggestions from Bennington on routing and getting the sonar cable from the dash area to toon, I think I only have one mounting bracket and it's on the left toon. I wish it was on the same toon as the helm side, that just adds some extra length and routing work. The boat is in the water. so it has to be done beached or in the slip. I crawled inside the helm, lost of room in there to work....it's just snaking the cable from there to the stern I think will be a pain. Suggestions welcome. BTW, I plan on flat mounting to the dash , and thankfully that part looks easy.

Hi dmctruby, i installed a depth finder on our toon, it's pretty easy. Mount the transducer on the bracket on the port toon, use one wire anchor on top of the bracket, i routed the wire through the toon support channel, then across and over to the helm, using wiring anchors as required. Going up through the helm boot was easy as well. I wired mine to the livewell switch, i don't have the fishing model. Good luck with it, let us know if you need any more advice. And welcome to the Club!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I have a rear walk thru and also have an unused live well switch on the dash. I have not looked at the back of the switch yet, but are they already setup with the power and ground wire ? I presume the helm boot leads to the opening in the floor ? I thought the motor and other cables might be run along the inside panels of the boat. This will be allot clearer to me when when I can get under the floor to see how things are routed under the boat.

Hi dmctruby, i installed a depth finder on our toon, it's pretty easy. Mount the transducer on the bracket on the port toon, use one wire anchor on top of the bracket, i routed the wire through the toon support channel, then across and over to the helm, using wiring anchors as required. Going up through the helm boot was easy as well. I wired mine to the livewell switch, i don't have the fishing model. Good luck with it, let us know if you need any more advice. And welcome to the Club!

Hey dmctruby, yes the switch is pre-wired for 12v, and you will use a common ground, you'll see it when you get under the helm. I didn't think to ask if your toon is underskinned, if it is, that will present a challenge to run the wire to the transducer.

Back